TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read not to get them from Geno. So where do you get them now.

and more info wanted on the new Bullit style that was mentioned.

where esle to get them??

thanks
Mike

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
Here are some pictures of the Bullitt style gauges.

I'm still working on better ways of illuminating them, but it's not my top priority right now, so it might not happen too terribly soon.

http://www.geocities.com/slhrbacek/Gauges.html

I guess this is the latest news that I have.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Lol, who told you not to buy from Geno?

His quality is great, and he delivers quickly!!

I love mine, and for only $50 ya can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
this winter im going to create a completely new cluster with autometer guages.. right now im in the designing stages and what i got so far is a 7 instrument cluster roughly designed (speedo, tach, water temp, oil pressure, oil temp, trans temp, and gas, im also thinking of a way to add in an air/fuel raio, everything but the speedo is either 2" or 2 1/16").. im also going to use a smoked piece of plastic to mount them so i can back light it with maybe a neon or something. ill let every one know how it is in the winter, right now i got more important things to spend my money on as far as my car. -greg

·
Administrator
14,229 Posts
Tazer999 said:

About 99% of the people who have dealt with him. Consider yourself one of the lucky 1%

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Tazer999 said:

I love mine, and for only $50 ya can't go wrong.
I beleive that was ME. I bought one of Genos first sets for $35. After afew months of sun they began to peel. now after 6 months of being on the car they are barely readable.

I contacted Geno, and he is willing to give me half off. I figured great, a new set for $18. nope. he upped his price to $70.

I have been communicating with scott for awhile now. I totally trust him, and know he would make it totally right if there was a problem.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yes, but Geno admits himself that his first sets were garbage, and only the first sets turned otu crappy.

The new sets are of much higher quality. Also, maybe you applied it wrong if it peeled so bad...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
scotthrbacek said:
Here are some pictures of the Bullitt style gauges.

I'm still working on better ways of illuminating them, but it's not my top priority right now, so it might not happen too terribly soon.

I guess this is the latest news that I have.
ok, so yea, when you get those done and looking perfect, i want a set.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
is anyone getting really into indiglo? id do it if i didnt have the 3 guage cluster with a my speedo taking a poop, but i know of a few people who are.. and itd ust be a cool idea. my friend has a mystique and bought a set of inidglos for 50 some dollars and it came with a little mechanism to change the colors and stuff, it looks really good. anyways, just an idea to throw at everyone -greg

·
Registered
157 Posts
RPM OVERLAYS

I got mine from RPMOVERLAYS.COM nothing special but seem to be be like Geno's and I paid like $25 bux for mine. They are just an overlay, Worth it!!! Easy to install and now he has some type of new Fuaxglo thing I guess its like indiglo. They look like the bottom ones in the link below.
Except I replaced the bulbs with blue ones and its like an indiglo look now. Also he doesn't have them listed but e-mail him and he should have them.

That was posted in scotthrbacek post.

Scott I hope you don't mind, just using it as reference.

Check out the site pay $25 bux and be Happy!!!!

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
I got mine from gene.....

And I think they look good.I also had one of his very first sets in my Mark VIII and they are still in there after a year and still look good.They werent laminated either.The ones I got for my T-Bird are laminated and I think they will last longer then the non-laminated ones.
Just my .02 worth,
Chris

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
Hey, that's no problem. Go ahead and use mine as a reference. I've got no problems with that.

I'm getting closer to the new and improved illumination for the gauge faces.

I will post new pictures when I get them made and installed.

·
Administrator
14,229 Posts
Re: Go to:

About2beBAD said:
They have white face gauges and silver face gauges for all of our cars.

And they come w/ colored LED indicator lights for the needles.

They look pretty good.
Only problem with everything he sells is it is horribly over priced. Notice they are overlays for 80 bucks not even full gauge faces. LED bulbs are brighter but more concentrated and don't quite get the spread pattern of incandescants in the gauge cluster (believe me I've tried). You can get the overlays from the link a few posts up and the bulbs for $4 a pack at autozone and still come in less than mr True Blue.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hmmmmmmm- I suppose you are right. I hereby retract my earlier statement. lol

See, what would I do w/o you guys. I'd be throwing money around all over the place. :D

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
Here's the latest

Bullitt style gauges

Illuminated!

http://www.geocities.com/slhrbacek/BullittGauges.html

The reason why the top of the speedometer is dark is because of all of the odometer mechanicals, they block the light. The only way to get a more evenly distributed light pattern is to add light bulbs.

·
Administrator
14,229 Posts
Re: Here's the latest

scotthrbacek said:
only way to get a more evenly distributed light pattern is to add light bulbs.
Heh, guess I shoulda mentioned that.

Or you could do like Ford does and block more light on the really bright parts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
While we're on the subject of gauges

Does anybody know if it's possible to get just a set of Stang needles from Ford? I KNOW the ones I have can be repainted, but I'm working on my own set of Bullitt faces (which I'll admit were inspired by Scott's efforts, but do look quite different) and I think it'd look a bit better if I could have the same needles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts