TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Converted -1.5"drop- 97 Mark viii: I'd like to to replace the front strut/shock assemblys. Just the strut/shock. Picking up some Monroe sensa tracs and was wondering if there was anything else I NEED to replace while they're apart. Isolators ect.

Gracias

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
Not really. The only thing I like to have on hand is new lower shock bolts just because sometimes they are so rusted in there that they don't want to come out and have to be cut out. If the bolt comes out no problem, then there is no need to replace it though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike. I went through the air susp issue 2-3 years ago so i've had struts in/out more times then I want to remember, and its only seen half a winter so the bolt shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Search??

Hello

You should do a search on this subject.
There are many post on just not calling the front shocks --> struts.

I can swap a front shock assembly rolling to rolling in 1/2 hour.
less if I rush. done it in less than 5. But that was at the track with tools out.

:headbang:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello

You should do a search on this subject.
There are many post on just not calling the front shocks --> struts.

I can swap a front shock assembly rolling to rolling in 1/2 hour.
less if I rush. done it in less than 5. But that was at the track with tools out.

:headbang:
I'm having my friend do it. I don't have a spring compressor and the closest place wants 25 a piece to put the new ones in once I take them out. Said place is 30 minutes from home. For the extra 50 bucks i'm just going to take it to my bud and be done with it. Imho, 160 parts and labor aint half bad for 2 new "shocks". :tongue:

And if any of you are interested, Rockauto has a wholesale closeout on them for $28 each. #71845

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Got the struts/shocks ( :tongue: ) today from Rockauto. The strut boxes were a little beat up(not the shipping box) and had a tag dated 07' on them. The struts themselves did come in a monroe box, guess thats the "private label packaging" lol. . They look fantastic and are nice and firm when manually pushing/pulling the rod. So if anyone is interested go for it. 28 bucks each, my total shipped was $65 w/ coupon code for the pair. That's still less then 1 strut from any auto parts joint.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Got the struts/shocks ( :tongue: ) today from Rockauto. The strut boxes were a little beat up(not the shipping box) and had a tag dated 07' on them. The struts themselves did come in a monroe box, guess thats the "private label packaging" lol. . They look fantastic and are nice and firm when manually pushing/pulling the rod. So if anyone is interested go for it. 28 bucks each, my total shipped was $65 w/ coupon code for the pair. That's still less then 1 strut from any auto parts joint.
Let us know how it rides for you! I did the spring conversion on my Mark VIII and I absolutely love the firm stiff ride of the front end now, but I find the back too "bouncy".

I just put in a couple of those spring rubber rings to see if that will firm it up a little. After I get done with my oil adapter gasket and wp/pulley swap, I'll get a chance to see how much of a difference it made.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Let us know how it rides for you! I did the spring conversion on my Mark VIII and I absolutely love the firm stiff ride of the front end now, but I find the back too "bouncy".

I just put in a couple of those spring rubber rings to see if that will firm it up a little. After I get done with my oil adapter gasket and wp/pulley swap, I'll get a chance to see how much of a difference it made.
They won't be going in till I figure out whats causing wheel shake in the front end.(wheels balanced and susp has no play ) :confused:
I'm pretty happy with my sensa trac rears, def 10 times better then the gas matics they replaced.
Hope the isolators work out for ya. They def gave me the extra height I needed back there, but it was hard to tell if they firmed anything up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts