TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for an answer, but havent found any real good ones. I have a 96 4.6 and I want it to sound a little louder, but I dont want to spend a lot of money.
What would it sound like if I take out the 3rd cat and replace it with a glasspack
and remove the stock mufflers and run pipe with turndowns to the back?

·
Registered
332 Posts
It'll be loud, but drone like crazy. It'll be fun for week, then it'll just give you a headache.

Why not remove the third cat, and replace your stock mufflers with some ravens or flowmasters?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i replaced the resinator w/ a glass pack, took off the muffs and put the straight pipes w/ turn downs. (kept the 3rd cat) sounds mello but has a nice rumble, very little drone. just an idea.

·
Registered
206 Posts
idk how the setup is on ur car, but on my 86 i took off the stock muffler today, so it goes the 2 front cats then the resonator or whatever its called, i like it, has a nice rumble to it, im still debateing to put a glasspack or turbo muffler on after the resonator of take the resonator off and put the muffler there, i might just keep it how it is, after all it dont cost no money that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts