TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i am looking to replace all the springs and shocks/struts on my SC and don't want to cough up 600 bucks for the Illuminas. I have been looking trying to find info on what will swap in and it looks like the KYB gr2s will bolt right in to the super coupe? is this correct? anyone no of other struts that will work?

some say they will all fit, some people say only certain brands are compatible. thanks guys!

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you want to retain the ARC function, your only choices are stock or the Illuminas.

If you don't care about the ARC, than any shock for the T-Bird will fit. I went with Koni's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive been looking for this info EVERYWHERE(couldnt post here for a couple days).As long as the servos remain hooked up,,,,the steering/brake sensors wont see a problem,correct?Can the ARC springs be reused on the new struts?

Thanks a ton for this info guys!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not looking to keep the ARC. some were saying the mounts were different and you needed to cut off your original ARC mount and somehow use it on the aftermarket shock! i couldnt figure out why it would be different when the control arms,etc are the same.

do you need to change the ANYTHING ELSE? if not, that is sweet.

925 xr7-as far as i know the springs are the same as the v8s, so they should be fine.

anybody know which springs drop the car 3/4"-1"?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I unplugged the fuse for the ARC to stop the light from flashing, but other than that, there are no changes required. I also unplugged and removed the ARC servos.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I unplugged the fuse for the ARC to stop the light from flashing, but other than that, there are no changes required. I also unplugged and removed the ARC servos.
What didn't like all the clicky clicky clicky. LOL

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
If there was something that would work with Koni's, that would be sweet.
I'm going to start looking for parts; this looks like a cool summer project... :)

It would be nice to buy off the shelf stuff; I'll research this further.

Konis are on sale right now, BTW; $513 to me. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts