TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i am looking to replace all the springs and shocks/struts on my SC and don't want to cough up 600 bucks for the Illuminas. I have been looking trying to find info on what will swap in and it looks like the KYB gr2s will bolt right in to the super coupe? is this correct? anyone no of other struts that will work?

some say they will all fit, some people say only certain brands are compatible. thanks guys!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, do kybs really fail when used with drop springs?. how do you like the tokiko blues?

·
Banned
613 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Shocks

Tokico ARC shocks and strurts are cheapest at Prostreetonline. I got mine there.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I put 1.6" Vogtland lowering springs on my SC last year with KYB GR2's. The fronts are definately softer then the stockers. When these "wear out" or I get tired of them adjustable Koni's will be going in.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty sure i am going to go with the tokico blues. for the price i think the hp kit is going to be just the right feel i am looking for.

·
Banned
613 Posts
it'll be softer in the end. go with illuminas. nothing less. plus they are the ONLY shock that works with ARC.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, right now the ARC shox in there are almost 20 years old and have worn out top strut rod bushings... i don't even think they work cuz i don't notice a difference when i flip the switch. so i'm pretty sure the blues will feel GRRRRRREAT compared to that. I don't need it to corner like its on rails, i just dont want it making thunking sounds when i go over bumps, and i'd like to know that this part of the car has been sorted out so i can concentrate on drivetrain stuff (gears, diff, etc). thanks for all your help guys!

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,804 Posts
Just to add I have the tokico blues very pleased with the results with the 1.5 drop and the 1 1\4 swaybar . It handles firm but still nice ride over bumps. :)

·
Banned
613 Posts
well, right now the ARC shox in there are almost 20 years old and have worn out top strut rod bushings... i don't even think they work cuz i don't notice a difference when i flip the switch. so i'm pretty sure the blues will feel GRRRRRREAT compared to that. I don't need it to corner like its on rails, i just dont want it making thunking sounds when i go over bumps, and i'd like to know that this part of the car has been sorted out so i can concentrate on drivetrain stuff (gears, diff, etc). thanks for all your help guys!

Well, if you mentioned all that information in your first post... We'd know that lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts