TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a post about the 94 EEC being junky and mine now has 126,000. I was thinking I might need to start looking for a new one.

what can I replace it with? any year V8 Tbird? I need details on this. car has a miss at idle but doesnt smoke or stink.

anyway, need info on replacing the EEC.

thanks
Mike

·
Registered
238 Posts
change your plugs and plug wires and I am pretty sure the miss will go away. And you can only use 94-95 computer 95 prefered due to updated shift schedule.

·
Registered
708 Posts
MRCYCOUG,
I'm in the market for a 95 eec, v8. I'd really like it asap, if the other guy dont need it.
Email an address if yer interested, ill send some money.
my addy- [email protected]
or just reply here

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
go ahead and sell it to MODBIRD if he wants it.

plugs are fine just changed them . havent checked the wires.

I was just getting info. wasnt planning on "throwing" a bunch of parts at it. just wanted to know the facts.

I will check the wires before I do anything.

thanks-
Mike

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Do Not Change out EEC's indiscriminately..the box code must be the same as the one your replaceing... also there was a running change, and recall on early 95 EEC's , which may affect performance when adding a chip, etc.... if the code is the same , it would be a good Idea to have a second box to swap out as a diagnostic tool to eliminate that as a problem, and as a backup, altho they are surprisingly durable....Good Luck

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not true you can change 94-95 boxes with different catch codes, since the computer is what runs the car and the catch codes are different parameters ie lock up shift schudule.

Ford dealer can burn what ever catch code you want to the ecc within the 94 95 year and 96-97

The ecc is the hardware the catch code is the software

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
I would consider switching to a 96-97 eec. If you do this you will have to changer all you engine wiring harness. I think that you would have to pull all the wiring from the computer out through the firewall from a junked car. If you are halfway compedent you can handle it.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
well youd also have to swtich to the newer stlye maf....and id go out and buy a piggyback vs switching to a 96-97 eec setup.....but thats me....the miss might be something else....its only at idle?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
If he goes to a 96-97 EEC, he also has to change something in the tranny. There was a discussion about this between me and Lonnie a while back. Racecougar would also know what I am talking about. Just to help you find that discussion if you want to know more, it was from August or September of 03 and it was in the engine-4.6 & 5.4 section of the forum. Do a search using my user ID and limit it to this section and look for a date around that time and you should find it.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
yeah the main control and mlps....more trouble then its worth...thinkin about it now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts