TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 lx 4.6 and I need a new fuel pump according to my mechanic. All i have done to my car engine-wise is Inject tech chip and inject tech shift kit in the tranny. I have a st of PI heads but no plans in the near future of putting them on. I saw the 190lph on www.mn12performance.com and it seems to be the best bet for me. Any input? I need it asap b/c I am having to bum a ride back and forth to work. The mechanis said I had a blown fuse but didn't know what caused it to blow, and later said I needed a fuel pump. Oh, what is the stock fuel pump's lph and psi, and would I need a reflashing of my chip to make the car run more efficiently? Thanks

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Go with the 190 if you are planning on staying almost stock. If planning on boosting, or NO2, buy the 255.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
The stock pump is really weak, somewhere around 80lph I think.

You won't need a reburn for a pump.

Auto Performance Engineering (APE) has the best prices on Walbro pumps by far, I went with the 255 because I plan to get blown. It was under $100.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
You can see in my sig I am blown and have the 190 that came with the SC. I wouldn't push more than a 6lb setup with it though

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
timb and I just installed the 255lph APE Walbro kit in my bird and it was great. pracically plug and play. Cant beat the price. With shipping it was $97.:D

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the 190 and the kirban adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The stock pump was 88lbs/[email protected] psi max and the 190 is capable of 54psi according to richt at mn12 performance. Together i paid $185, i was relieved to get it fixed. I think it had been losing perssure for awhile now, b/c my mechanic set it at 40psi, and it seems to have more throttle response than I remember.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts