TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
directions say -- "four (two on each side) nuts holding the cover ends to sides of front fender; on the inside of the bumper cover - access through the fog light holes." im finding it impossible to access those nuts on my xr7

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's probably easier to get to those by taking the inner fender wells loose.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
75$ shipping included from GetCrashParts.com which is also known as Keystone crash parts. It's aftermarket btw.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pileit1 said:
It's probably easier to get to those by taking the inner fender wells loose.
i was starting to think that but then i got tired an left it for tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
708 Posts
the fender liner not only attaches to the bumper on the edge, but on the bottom as well. do yourself a favor and get the car on jackstands, take both wheels off, and get both fender liners off completely. seems like more work, but IMHO, it saves a lot of headaches and isnt that hard. on my 94, those bolts were so rusty they broke off.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
HiFi said:
yeah i've been reading that...did you have to go thru the fender well to access them?
I went up from the bottom on my Bird. I did not take the fender liners off, but the more I think about it the easier it would have been. My bolts did not break or anything, probably a weather thing. Like I stated in my thread, the header that I got from Keystone needed to have a couple new holes drilled in it. I sat my destroyed old header next to the new one and used it as a template. The hardest hole was the one that the hood release slides threw.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i cant push the last clip onto the non adujustable screw at the top. whoever bought this aftermarket made in taiwan header panel, an got it on can u tell me how you did it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts