TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a 1995 Cougar V8 and Im looking to make that V8 really sound like a V8:tongue: well, im unsure which sets to buy Flowtech Raptors, Thrush Turbos, or Thrush Welded

The exaust pipe is 2 inch and im looking to spend under 60 bucks for the muffler set.

What I want to know is, what will give me the better sound, performance, etc for my buck

I dont want the car to buzz i want it to be like a muscle car, how a V8 should sound, gutty (but not sound like its in the water)

Thanks in advanced,

Fox

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Well I'm going with Flowtech Rapters in about a week. I'm going to use band clamps so I can take them on and off easy in case there kinda quiet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
True Duel No Cats Too Borlas FTW

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Well I'm going with Flowtech Rapters in about a week. I'm going to use band clamps so I can take them on and off easy in case there kinda quiet.
And that'll make it super easy for someone to walk away with them! Spend $20 and have someone weld them. Use a hack saw if you want to remove them later and they can be rewelded if needed. If you are using band clamps just for the first few minutes that's fine but be sure to get them welded before you leave the car unattended.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
And that'll make it super easy for someone to walk away with them! Spend $20 and have someone weld them. Use a hack saw if you want to remove them later and they can be rewelded if needed. If you are using band clamps just for the first few minutes that's fine but be sure to get them welded before you leave the car unattended.
Why in the world would someone go through the trouble of stealing mufflers off of a car?!! I've heard of people stealing catalytic converters off of cars, but mufflers have no precious metals in them that I'm aware of.

I really don't think anyone has to worry about having mufflers welded to an exhaust as a theft deterrent.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of (well, except for "drifting" a Thunderbird, of course)!

Dennis

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
your not going to get anything worth anything for 60 bucks a pair. borla, dynomax is what you want. hell flowmasters would be better

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I think I'll take my chances :cool:.

I do my own welding so its not really a case of being cheap. I took the resonator off and temporarily put straight pipes in place of the mufflers and it sounds pretty beefy. I'm not able to drive it on the road yet, but just putting around the yard it sounds pretty good actually lol. If it truly does sound like crap when driving like some people say I'll probably just weld them on.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Summit's Race Mufflers sound pretty decent (had them on mine without the third cat on true duals for awhile), but do get loud. They're around 28 each. Of the ones you mentioned, I'd go with the fully welded for the sound aspect.

·
Registered
224 Posts
That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of (well, except for "drifting" a Thunderbird, of course)!

Dennis
DIE..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts