TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I lent my car to a friend of mine for a day, and he managed to back it up onto a curb and smash the hell out of one of the mufflers. So I'm looking at replacements right now (I'm going to replace both) and I saw a Magnaflow universal on Jegs.com that has these measurements:

4'' x 9'' Oval Muffler
In/Out: 2''
Body Length: 14''

This is a center in/center out

Will two of these fit my car alright or should I go with something else?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
you could just get rid of 3rd cat and put one of those midbody and just extend the back into tips

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about doing that, but would it be cheaper to buy a DI/SO muffler and have them fabricate new pipe or just to buy 2 of these and have them welded in the original locations? Also, I'm in PA, and I don't think we're permitted here to remove cats, but people here refer to the third cat as a resonator, so I'm confused if I can remove it or not

·
Registered
605 Posts
Our cars have 3 cats and a resonator..the resonator is right after the 3rd cat. I'm from Va and shops won't remove the third cat...so, i cut it off and then went to a shop and had them weld in a Y pipe.

·
Registered
268 Posts
its cheaper to get two mufflers bcuz you probably wouldnt need much new piping but using one muffler and doing a little custom work from the cats to the back will head much more satifaction on your part..

·
Registered
472 Posts
garyneff said:
Our cars have 3 cats and a resonator..the resonator is right after the 3rd cat. I'm from Va and shops won't remove the third cat...so, i cut it off and then went to a shop and had them weld in a Y pipe.
which shop did you go to. Most wont even go near anything other than mufflers in the stock location.

·
Registered
850 Posts
garyneff said:
Our cars have 3 cats and a resonator..the resonator is right after the 3rd cat.
the 96 and 97's do not have a resonator. Anyways If I were you I would either cut both mufflers off totally and run straight pipe out the back or replace the existing mufflers with dynomax race bullitts. I beleive the stock size into the mufflers is 1 7/8".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts