TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are both around the same price at around 40 dollars each. The Dayco is just a few dollars more, which should I go with?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I am talking about the serpentine belt. My dad told me Gates is supposed to be the best there is. I just wanted to hear some other opinions.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Gates is good quality...But I'm MUCH MUCH more impressed by the Goodyear Gatorbacks. I used to sell them and we acutally had one that one of the pulleys had gotten "sharp" and it sliced that belt in to 7 different strands.....but it didn't break and or strand the customer

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
+1 on the Gatorback.

Long ago everyone said Gates was the best, but times have changed.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Guess I am the odd ball here but this Dayco® Poly Cog® Serpentine Belt has been a great one so far :)

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I stick with Goodyear Gatorback belts, one with 110,000 miles was more resistant to squealing on a 1-2 shift than a brand new Dayco.

I had slight squeal on my 97 Cougar, but my 2000 Grand Marquis with a different belt routing was horrible for squealing, the alternator doesn't slow down at the shift and is still moving faster than the belt, so it squeals. Oddly enough they fixed that by putting a one way clutch on the alternator, so now you get a click but it is easier on the belt.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Gatorback here too.. I love it. It even looks cool!

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Gatorback FTW!!!

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I also use a goodyear gatorback.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts