TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the drivers side o2 with minimal swear words.....but the pass. side is killing me. How does one get this thing out???

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
I believe some guys have used a crowsfoot wrench. I didnt have a crowsfoot so i used a combnation wrench, it was a pain. I used the open end to move it a little, then i's use the box end side to move it a littl more than go back to the open side. It wasnt efficent at all, but its the only tool i had that would work, so i used it. putting it back in i loosened the exhaust bolts on the passenger exhaust manifold

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
search is your friend, no offense. you'll learn. i think you can rent a tool for this. mine are easy to get to, i moved them. good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhh....a crowsfoot. I have access to one of those. I tried a stubby wrench, I can get a bite on the sensor but not enough leverage to break it loose. Thanks Fellas, I'll keep trying. (and not loose any more skin in the process)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeah, I used the rental tool from autozone and I think a 1" wrench on it. With those two tools it was a piece of cake.

- Stephen

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I got an old combination wrench and used a cut off wheel to cut it down to size. It worked, but took a lot of muscle to get it done

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
a used the 1" tall crowsfoot wrench.... bought it from autozone cost about $14 worth every bit..... just like the bendable ratcheting 15mm wrench I bought there for $16

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
Ahhh....a crowsfoot. I have access to one of those. I tried a stubby wrench, I can get a bite on the sensor but not enough leverage to break it loose. Thanks Fellas, I'll keep trying. (and not loose any more skin in the process)
Cut the wire off the old sensor. You should be able to get a box end wrench around it. Then you can break it loose. From there on out use the crowsfoot. You'll be good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts