TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have finally decided to fix the Bird and put it back on the road. 1st on my to do list is replacing the Left Turn PS pressure line. I was wondering if anyone here had done this themselves and how difficult it was. I know you have to drop the PS rack and all that, but I dont know if that is too much to do in the drive way. Also...where can I get a new line??? Does ford still stock them or can I get it aftermarket or is the junkyard the place to go??? Anyone who has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've determoned that it is the Left Turn Hard line that is leaaking...I just don't know how difficult it is going to be to do it. If it is that big of a deal should I just have it done somewhere??? I would like to avoid that if possible, because money is an issue.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
So you are replacing one of the hard lines on the rack itself? If you are going to go through that much trouble, you should replace the entire rack. There is nowhere that I know of where you could buy one of those lines by itself.
They are definately available for Explorers. Mine rusted out and I saved a good rack. Post your request in the Parts counter forum, Jon will find it if it exists.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts