TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the SC , on my days off , Thought I would share ;) And "No" the IC is not off my Bird :) And Joe is my mentor :D

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
hub swap

Hi

Like this?

Those are DLF bushings also

:wavey:

Don't look at the brakes. Blew the bearing & lost the outer pad.
Ground inner to metal

All fixed now.:thumbsup:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul Just wondering what are the advantages of the DLF bushings ?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
For Me

Hello

I lost a ton of flex!

This picture is before the bushings!

Made adjustment more exact. I used both Knuckle & lower arm bushings.
Also not sure what's available from Ford anymore.

:wiggle:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nick the old bearing had wallowed out the seat in the knuckle , It never made no noise but you could move the wheel back & forth about 2 inches

Thanks Paul for the info.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
darrin like i told u just cause the wheel moved backed and forth doesent mean there is a thing wrong with the spindle i promise you that, all you needed is a new bearing and hub, been there done that for the bearing to mess the spindle up there would have been all kinds of sounds out of it

Robert

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
darrin like i told u just cause the wheel moved backed and forth doesent mean there is a thing wrong with the spindle i promise you that, all you needed is a new bearing and hub, been there done that for the bearing to mess the spindle up there would have been all kinds of sounds out of it

Robert
no big loss...just another thing I've snagged at the junkyard!! :) Hope that you are feeling better there Robert .

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Swapping spindle is easier that's for sure u better get the nut torques to 250 ftlbs with a new nut or this problem will happen again! I feel better I ain't perfect yet but working

Robert

·
Super Moderator
10,278 Posts
I had some slippage on the first one of these I did in the press, and managed to break it in half (doing it wrong, lol), pretty much. It had been in the freezer for awhile, as the bearing didn't want to come out. :)

My bracing slipped while I had about 8000 lbs on it; I'm not sure if it just broke under pressure, or broke when it hit the wall; but I ended up buying one here. :rolleyes:

I've made better bracing since then. :thumbsup: (Anyone got pix of the stock press tools for these?)

I saw one someone had at the zone one day that they had tried to press the bearing out with it sitting on the bushing supports; they were bent down almost flush. He was asking them for a new one. :D

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Knuckle Out

And man that thing had a lot of play with no load on it plus the top bushing just about gone as well, Robert I have the OEM shop manual by my side for the proper torque and new OEM nut for the shaft on order.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Knuckle back on

Just waiting now for my hub nut to come in from the blue oval :)

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
can you do me a favor?

while you are waiting, can you go get started unbolting my rack from my k-member I dropped last week?
someone has got to start working on my car again!!!

:tongue:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nick if we were closer I would be more than happy to help you out ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts