TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I bought my car, it didn't come with a trunk key. I wanted to know if ford could replace it without the key tag. Could they replace it based on anything else? or any other suggestions? thanks.

Seth

p.s. or is it possible for somewhere to fabricate one for me?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
A locksmith could. Or you could go to Autozone and pick up a new lock cylinder and swap it out with the one in your car, much cheaper alternative.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
can't you just goto ford, give them the vin number, and they cut you one right there?

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
ahh thats an sob... does he have the remote? I dont think ive ever used a key in my doors or my trunk.... gotta love that remote...

622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would like a remote

i want to get a keyless entry system. If i am going to get a keyless entry i want an alarm system along with it. don't have the funds for that right now. thanks..

Seth

·
8,239 Posts
I don't have a key for my trunk either. I always pop the trunk from the inside anyways. If I were to do anything, it would be to shave the trunk keyhole, and use a popper all the time.

JH

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
then the popper go bad.. and you can't get into your trunk ;o(

Just go buy a new lock cylinder and replace it...

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
or add a back-up solenoid. I have 2 the stock one and then the one you see here. it just has 2 wires tucked next to the rear seat so i can pop it with a drill battery or something if i ever needed to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts