TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally did it today. I purchased all new LCAs, UCAs, strut mounts, and strut rod bushings.

I'm converting my Mark 8 over to a tokico setup.

I've never done a control arm before. Are there any suggestions you all may have on getting this done easily?

I sprayed all the bolts down a month ago with PB Blaster and will do that again a week before diving in.

I finally fixed my belt drive air compressor too :)

I know I need a ball joint separator - of which i can probably rent.

Any other tips/tricks?

TIA!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'm doing the same thing this weekend or next. A quick search will get you a lot of advice from the guys who have done this before. My personal advice is make sure you have a manual (an actual service manual would be best, but I've made due with a Chiltons or Haynes on some pretty complicated stuff in the past), heat source for stuck bolts, good working air tools and a torque wrench. I also read that an 18mm ratcheting wrench becomes your best friend for the UCA. I'm going to do a much bigger search and print out what I need before I turn a single bolt.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I'm doing the same thing this weekend or next. A quick search will get you a lot of advice from the guys who have done this before. My personal advice is make sure you have a manual (an actual service manual would be best, but I've made due with a Chiltons or Haynes on some pretty complicated stuff in the past), heat source for stuck bolts, good working air tools and a torque wrench. I also read that an 18mm ratcheting wrench becomes your best friend for the UCA. I'm going to do a much bigger search and print out what I need before I turn a single bolt.
:thumbsup: way to go. It's all here!

-Maic

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it - search is king! Planning will be a must for this job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts