TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
14,392 Posts
I know it's a long haul from where you're at, but to you and anyone else that may be willing to travel for a reputable, knowledgeable, trans. shop. Try Walker's, they're located in Wilkes County, NC (Near where that Boy Scout got lost last week that was all over the news). They did my transmission for a very reasonable price in the summer of 2001. There number is (919) 957-8812.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Anyone know of a trans shop that knows what they are doing with our cars? The further west the better but I want it done right so I'll travel if necessary.
Thanks,
Lorne
96 cougar 4.6
What are looking to have done? Darrin is out of the Indionapolis area which is a bit of a drive but he is one of the few I would trust.

-Miller

·
Registered
88 Posts
TRS
in Orland Park IL. Jerry was who i dealt with very nice guy. i had them put a new art carr tranny in for me. i dropped my car off monday night and it was done wednesday morning. they are very fast and pretty cheap i think i payed 500 for them to drop the old one and install the new one.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i am REALLY hard on my trans. darrin built me a bullet-proof trans and installed it for less than a cheap rebuild at any other shop. darrin is an upstanding individual that really knows his stuff and will NOT screw you. the guy takes care of t-bird owners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.