TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i jut cleaned the MAF, was wondering what fuse to pull to reset the computer ina 3.8 v6 , 93 t-bird, i did my 95, but it's a 4.6 ... so , not sure if the same fuse, do i pull the ignition one ? please reply asap, currently have hood open

·
Registered
49 Posts
Disconnect the battery and hold the brake for a couple of minutes. That should drain all residual power out of the system. Then reconnect and everything should be G 2 G.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
i would pull the fuse for the computer. i think its letter g. pull it, go to start the car twice (it wont), put the fuse back in, done.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just did the fuse, went to start 2- 3 times for 2 - 3 secs each time, turned the car on ... and te engine light came on within a 1 min of the car being on, so i gotta bring it to some place, i called autozone/discount, they said they couldnt check odb1 engine codes.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
The fuse to pull for the EEC is number 15 in the high current fuse box under the hood. Crank three times and replace fuse.

-Miller

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
BeasTx said:
...i called autozone/discount, they said they couldnt check odb1 engine codes.
What you have to do is take the car there and tell them you want them to scan your car. They will ask what year it is. Tell them it is a '96. Often, if you tell them "it is a '95 but it is OBDII" they still will not scan the car.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
jnk3846 said:
Except he is asking about a 1993 3.8!
D'oh! Sure enough. I was looking at the profile on the left.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts