TCCoA Forums banner

Resonator / Muffler Delete Pipe

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  97 30th 
#1 ·
Anybody know if there is another replacement for the Walker P/N 41826 ?

Walker Exhaust 41826 Walker Exhaust Intermediate Pipes | Summit Racing

Seems it's been discontinued..

I know the '96/7s came with this pipe from the factory, but, no luck finding any at salvage yards near me. I know I can simply weld a pipe in place of it, however I would actually like to keep it clampable.

#5 ·
I agree; my local shop only wanted $100 to put in the Mandrel bent dual setup.

#11 ·
It doesn’t really change the exhaust note, if you have a muffler delete you might just notice more drone in the cabin, that’s pretty much all it was deemed necessary for first place, but it was cheaper to not use it so Ford deleted it. I never noticed an actual sound difference in an otherwise totally stock exhaust 94 vs a 97. It doesn’t make removing the trans or driveshaft any easier either, the whole back half of the exhaust it’s clamped to needs to come off regardless to just partially lower the fuel tank. Knocks off a little weight to the rear pipes I suppose.

If you don’t want a shop to touch it I agree with supergordo, scour the yards to find a 96-97 section. Factory pipes were a low grade stainless steel(I forget the grade but the one that rusts on the surface but never rusts through) so it’ll be better than the walker part that most likely was just aluminized mild steel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.