TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Restored my headlights, they won't yellow again, and no I didn't buy new ones.

BEFORE:

MID PROJECT:

REBORN:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice.

Next project - adjust the header panel
Is that what it needs? Because i noticed after putting the grille back in that everything seems off on alignment, it has been backed into by a minivan while parked before. :tongue:

Do elaborate.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,502 Posts
There's a like four 8mm bolt for adjustment across the back of the header panel, two to the latch area and two to brackets behind the headlights. Loosen them, pull up on the header panel(helps to have a helper) and tighten whilst continuing pulling up on it. That usually puts everything in place

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Black Cat, that looks great! These cars are truly a labor of love. :)

The only tip I can offer; the "One-Shot" sign painter's clearcoat is well worth the expense.
It's in the sticky; I think I posed pix of my stuff.

The paint is pretty phenomenal; I sprayed down a crazed corner light beside the headlight, and it glued all the cracks back together. It's looking brand new now. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,550 Posts
Looks good Ian. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:wavey:

What polish did you use? think it will work on a lexan windshield??:zdunno:

:zbench:
It's not a polish, it's clear coat. I would say on a windshield that would be a bad idea lol.

@TM: Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
You can buff a lexan windshield back clear; the hard part is keeping it flat enough to see thru it without waves...

If you can flat sand it to 2000 grit, you should be able to get to clear from there with polishing compound. Or clearcoat, I guess.

FLAT being the hard part, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts