TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Wow...thats freaking awesome looking! Hope its gonna have the bite to back up its bark like the current camaros do tho...im too lazy to read the article now to find out lol. The only thing is the rear end looks like it borrowed just a little to much of the corvette design...

Greg

·
Registered
663 Posts
The green one is FUGLY IMHO. I liked the yellow one better. It doesn't look as Japanese as the green one.

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
The green one looks like some sort of wierd PT Cruiser Mini hybrid, but the yellow one looks badass.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
I remember the first article. Gave me goosebumps. I dont think GM is about to buy the design from Hornton, but ya never know. Its a helluva good looking design though. I like em all, but I am a bit partial to the first hugger orange model

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
It's definately a '67-'69 Camaro crossed with a late 1970's Corvette, with a sprinkle of...something.

The front end looks like the '05 Mustang concept in a way. :confused: Overall I kinda like it, but I'm reasonably sure we'll never see one at our local dealership.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
20+ something" rims and stair treads for tires are a cliche.

The front lower valence looks like it fell off Angelina Jolie's
lower lip and would be more at home on a White Freightliner.

Thank goodness there is only the faintest whiff of influence
in the rear quarter panels - of the current CanAm wannnabe,
Fat A$$ Vette bodystyle.

Other than those failings....it's a beautiful enough design to cause
me to want to write up my second factory order for a Z/28.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
You know what sucks though?? I bet if chevy ever brings back the camaror, it'll be a $$50K++ vehicle....I hate to think of what the next stang is going to cost....I mean, WTF?! My 96 thunderbird sold for 20 THOUSAND DOLLERS! and it was fully loaded (well, no sport, no leather) but it had EVERY other option for a 96...and it was 20G! Now you cant touch some econo cars for that....I just dont get it. It's like one day a new car was half of six figures for something that ten years ago cost under 20 grand...am I the only one who feels wierd about this? If anything shouldnt car prices have DROPPED due to ease of production, and implimentation of technology? I could go on about this stuff all night, but I wont.

Earl

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Earl said:
It's like one day a new car was half of six figures for something that ten years ago cost under 20 grand...am I the only one who feels wierd about this? If anything shouldnt car prices have DROPPED due to ease of production, and implimentation of technology? I could go on about this stuff all night, but I wont.

It's called inflation. You don't want to know how much my father paid for a brand new Vette back in 1958..

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

It's called inflation. You don't want to know how much my father paid for a brand new Vette back in 1958..
Yeah.. my dad bought a brand new 72 Nova SS for $2300 I think it was.... back in the day.. :)

Things cost more now, but we make alot more... inflation indeed...

·
Registered
946 Posts
That green pic looks good but the profile looks dead-on like a C-5 except for the upper section and the tail lights.

Still a good looking car though!

·
Registered
515 Posts
dude that front end and hood look just like the '67 that is awesome...i dont know about that rear end though hmmm

·
Registered
448 Posts
Usually inflation occurs at a more reasonable rate over time though. This is ridiculous nowadays... These retro muscle cars will be going a step too far, costing an arm and a leg. It's like new T-Birds for example. 40-45k for 'em, and not enough bang for the buck IMO, although they are fast, and I'm curious as to how they are pumping so much hp out of a 3.9L...

Anyways, if they are overpriced maybe the companies will learn their lesson.

As for my take on these designs, I never had a heart for much of any non-1st gen Camaro, but I think this design is appealling. Although I agree the first thing I thought when i saw the rear was "meh... Corvette..."

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Drifting Thunder said:
Although I agree the first thing I thought when i saw the rear was "meh... Corvette..."
If they made it, the "poor man's vette" statement would be even more valid. Nothing wrong with that though, I love the C5 body style (or what some people might call an RX7 style).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts