TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
I asked my US-Ford dealer (the most Ford dealers overhere are only in european models like the Ka, Mondeo, Focus) if they gonna sell the new Bird, but they told me incl. the different tax. it would cost about €75000 so forget it. Maybe it has something to do with it; the new Bird is not available in europe!:mad:

·
Registered
552 Posts
retro Bird

Are there used ones for sale and how much do they cost?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
:bawling:

Well at least they are going to wait until after the "50th anniversary" to kill the Thunderbird yet again.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I say good riddance. The newest T-bird is a bastardization of the t-bird name, designed for women by women. I mean, I heard a lot of people on here wanting to shell out 40K for the maruader (another bad idea, IMO) but has any one of us on here actually aspired to own one of these? They were way too cutesy, underpowered, and overpriced... I won't miss it.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Since I know there was a Thunderbird before the Fox or MN12 I would have snagged one the second I had the money. Black with a silver top, and a 2 seater 'vert just like the original.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sounds good to me,
Besides, the US-Ford dealer overhere stops with the import of US-Ford! The only brands they are selling now are Maserati, Rolls, Bentley and Lamborghini. Thank god i can bring my car for service, it's fun to play poolbiljard between $500000 cars!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
zero89lx said:
I say good riddance. The newest T-bird is a bastardization of the t-bird name, designed for women by women. I mean, I heard a lot of people on here wanting to shell out 40K for the maruader (another bad idea, IMO) but has any one of us on here actually aspired to own one of these? They were way too cutesy, underpowered, and overpriced... I won't miss it.
I totally agree. The new T-bird is definately a joke. it is definately a chick car.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
zero89lx said:
I wouldn't mind owning a new T-bird. While they are priced rather high, I think it would be an alright car to have... :zdunno: just my opinion though.

The new Tbird DID need some help...if they'd have designed it a wee bit differently, and squeezed a 2v 4.6L in there....they would have beeen much quicker cars...and sold a lot more...

At least when it came back, it didn't become FWD....THAT would be a bastardization of the name (ahem: COUGAR).

Marauder would have been a good car if it actually MOVED (i.e more torque from a roots/twin screw blower...or at least a better torque converter on the damn thing).

It was nice to at least see cool nameplate... but, alas, the days of 'great names for great cars' will be gone...and we're all gonna be driving cars with letters and numbers.....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well sales were probly the main reason they are discontinuing the New Tbird.... I mean come on the ones I've looked at the Dealer had about 7 grand markup from MSRP and I asked why and he said cause thats what they go for ( supply vs Demand ) I said he was full of Shat... if the dang car wasn;t SOOOO expensive I'd get one.... I personally like small 2 seater convertables... ( TR-6, TR-7, Bertone, etc..)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Jason said:
if the dang car wasn;t SOOOO expensive I'd get one.... I personally like small 2 seater convertables... ( TR-6, TR-7, Bertone, etc..)
Small ?!?! :confused:

That car is frickin' huge!

Anyways... good riddance to Ford's poor attempt at a "retro" car.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Simply put, there's a BEAUTIFUL 55 Thunderbird for sale here in town, asking $29,900. If I had $30K to drop on a new TBird, it certainly wouldn't be one of the retro ones, it'd be for the classic one! :cool:

·
Registered
709 Posts
why is everyone always hating on the new Tbird??? I don't think they could have captured the essence of the 55 Tbird in any better way. I mean, at least it's a V8 and RWD Unlike the new Carlo or Impala (talk about bastardization!) It is a 2 seat convertable to boot... and it's DOHC V8 may be small, but the car does do 0-60 in 7 seconds flat!! Last time I checked that was spanking the hell out of any 4.6l MN12 Tbird!!! If you wanna talk about underpowered Tbirds...

Jake

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
MN12BIRD said:
why is everyone always hating on the new Tbird??? I don't think they could have captured the essence of the 55 Tbird in any better way. I mean, at least it's a V8 and RWD Unlike the new Carlo or Impala (talk about bastardization!) It is a 2 seat convertable to boot... and it's DOHC V8 may be small, but the car does do 0-60 in 7 seconds flat!! Last time I checked that was spanking the hell out of any 4.6l MN12 Tbird!!! If you wanna talk about underpowered Tbirds...

Jake

What he said.

C'mon now...it is a small Jag V8, but it is still pushin' 280 horses!!!

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Palmguy said:

What he said.

C'mon now...it is a small Jag V8, but it is still pushin' 280 horses!!!
i thought the new birds had the same engine as the lincoln ls with 250 hp? i might be wrong though. i think they should go back to something similar to the mn12. Maybe an updated version of the mn12 with a way more powerful engine like the new cobra engines. That would be awesome. I would definitly grab one.

Frank

·
Registered
222 Posts
Updated MN12 sorry but that chassis is dead.... it was way to heavy to begin with 14 years ago...... and the Tbird isnt the flagship of performance ( sorry but the truth ) the Cobra is, the Cobra is whats pushing 400HP not the new tbirds....

I personally like the car ( tbird) mn12 and the New Jag frame... , if I had two choices and 30K in my pocket and there was a 1955 Tbird and a 2003 Tbird sitting side by side I'd walk away with the new one.. Sorry But I would..... Old is cool and the new Tbird will never be as much of a collecters item as the old ones but I'd still rather have new one... new car smell, warranty, good clean ride, etc etc...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Jason said:
I personally like small 2 seater convertables... ( TR-6, TR-7, Bertone, etc..)
You mean someone else has heard of a Bertone??? My friend has one! An 86 model with 35k miles on it. He pretty much uses for driving back and forth to work, plans on drag racing it this summer with his V8 ranger.

:mad: I don't really like the new Tbird, it is a bastardization of the name for sure. Tbirds were built to spank the corvette and after 57 they went down hill, and the new one will not even come close to the vette. Retro should mean they get all the power too. Would I buy one if I had the money? Yes, it is a pretty neat looking car and would be fun to drive, I think :leftright Oh well, Ford has done worse (pinto) :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts