TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
At $14,995.00 it includes the EEC and the wiring harness. You'd think that for that kind of cash they'd include installation, a paint job and a hummer in the back room!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Dear Santa Claus,

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ya I was reading about that "cammer" last night. But the article I read made it sound like the the SC version was $15,000. I was trying to talk myself into getting it. I wonder if Dan can get it for cheaper. lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Its unbeleivable how many people have heard about this engine and think Ford is bringing back the old 302. :rofl:

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Chad N. said:
Its unbeleivable how many people have heard about this engine and think Ford is bringing back the old 302. :rofl:
Yeah, that is a motor they should bring back.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wish they would bring back the pushrod 5.0... but it doesnt look like ford is going to stick to pushrods much longer.. what they really should do as well though is... take the 5.4l and increase the bore to 3.66 inches.. hehehehe.... im all tingly now.. -greg

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
that's the kind of limitations were stuck with - this block was designed to be more for a FWD application... it has the tiny bore spacing so itll fit in a FWD car crammed in sideways. If Ford would design a SOHC engine for RWD cars with a spacing more akin to the pushord engines we'd be in business.... Stock for stock the near square cylinders we have aren't too bad for efficiency though.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
looks like ford is trying to put their aftermarket outta business, wonder what ATI thinks about that focus RWD kit for 5 g's.... They better get the resumes out...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jordansypek said:
looks like ford is trying to put their aftermarket outta business, wonder what ATI thinks about that focus RWD kit for 5 g's.... They better get the resumes out...
heh, yea, jeez. i wouldnt mind one bit have a RWD ZX3 with.. oh lets say... an old 302. maybe with a blower.. hehe... thatd give people a shock in their pants, and with how light the car is.. the possibilities are awesome. plus you could even make a good handling car out of it... hopefully the rwd kit keeps it IRS.. -greg

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
in motor trend a while back there was a article how they made a short deck v10 they basicly took a 4.6 cobra block streched it and added 2 cilinders custom crank and camshafts. It put out 430 hp and 405 torque. The motor displaces 351 cid about 5.8 liters. It would be much easier to do that than puting a 5.4 in a mustang.

In europe they have a all wheel drive 300 hp turbo focus. I would think that it would be intresting to have a rear wheel drive focus with a 3.0 turbocharged duratec v6 with about 300 hp or the newer 3.5 verson that is coming out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts