TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I would like to know if anyone on this forum has ever returned a core or cores to rock auto to get their deposit back? was it difficult. What are the steps to getting this done. I just ordered 2 calipers and the core deposit for each was 90 dollars. I am hoping to get this money back minus the delivery charge that they will deduct for sending back the old cores. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
After googling it, it looks like you start here.

I haven't ordered anything they'd honor a core on; you have to send back the same parts.

My Brake Upgrade to PBR's didn't allow me to send back my stockers, lol.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,525 Posts
Yeah I've done it, but it's been a long time now. I actually kind of gave up on RockAuto after they rubbed me the wrong way one too many times...

Anyway, as I recall you pay for the shipping and they give you the address and RMA number for the label. Then they issue you a credit after they process it. Very similar to a standard return.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Super Moderator
7,663 Posts
I have done it numerous times, and it is very easy. There will be a link at the bottom of the order confirmation email to follow, and then you go through the steps and you can actually print out the shipping label right there, they deduct the return postage from the refund, and all you have to do is drop it off at fedex or usps or whatever method you selected.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also, you have six months from the date of your order to return the cores. The core return deadline date will be listed on the packing slip with your order.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow what a response, thanks everybody for the help. I greatly appreciated. I will be awaiting the parts and follow the advice given here. Once again thank you.

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts
One thing to check out - SOMETIMES shipping is enough to make the return not worth it.

And a good note - if you let them print the label and pay for the shipping, it's usually less than what you pay for the same shipping (due to their quantity discounts.)

Yes, I've checked.

Both ways.

RwP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts