TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I asked this in a previous thread but it was never answered, so I am going to ask again.

If I were to take my plenum off to clean it, would it be possible to reuse the gasket for the TB, EGR, and the one that the plenum sits on against the intake?

I want to pull it all apart and clean everything up (it's got a bunch of nasty buildup in there), but want to know if I should purchase the gaskets first.

Thanks!

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
They are all reusable, but after seeing them you may want to use new gaskets anyways.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You will want to replace the EGR gasket, as they are a layered metal composition, and come apart about half the time when dissssasembly occurrs, the T/B gasket usually survives a dissassembly or two if you take it apart c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y..

·
Registered
748 Posts
HOw many miles are on the motor??? The plenum gasket can be re-used....but like my engine builder pointed out....if the motor has high milage, then the gasket has gone through TONS of heat cycles and may not seal properly. If it has fairly low mileage, then I'd say you'd be ok. The EGR gasket would have to be replaced, and I'd replace the TB gasket anyways.....don't really trust re-using that one. BUT, if you're wanting to just clean the plenum---then you don't have to remove the throttle body...so you wouldn't have to worry about that gasket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts