TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible? I have a transgo-shift kit installed in my car along with a 2800 stall converter. I have heard alot of bad things about the Transgo shift kit. Can this shift kit be reversed back to stock, and then Jmodded, or is the possible damage permanent? I believe the Transgo shift kit has been on for the past 20K miles, maybe even more, I'll have to find my paper work.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,262 Posts
The springs in the accumulators can be done easily enough.

Chuck the bottom spring on the 1-2 Accumulator and there's a brown spring that you replace the upper Blue spring on the 1-2 Accumulator with but I don't have the Part No. maybe someone else knows the #.

And

Chuck the spring on the 2-3 Accumulator and put it back in without any spring.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
I managed to go backwards when I had my old transmission, although it ended up being a combination of both kits. Much to my dismay, the "EPC Relief Valve" had to stay due to the valve body mods made for the Transblo kit. You can take the separator plate out and drill some holes to Jerry's specs, others will already be f****d. Switch the accumulator springs to J-mod specs, and that's about it.

Alan is right, a new valvebody is the best way. I only did what I did because I was under-educated about the trans at the time. These days I would never suggest a Transblo kit, unless you have an AOD, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts