TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out. First half is warming up the 10 cyl 710 HP engine, then... Clicky clicky

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the person I got it from...

Here's how the magic was achieved (technical/musical details via F1 Racing magazine):
As we all know, a V10 engine produces five combustions per revolution at a frequency per second of 60/(5 x revs per minute), which equals 12/rpm. Therefore, to work out the revs you need to hit a particular musical note, you multiply the note's frequency by 12. To play a 440Hz 'A', for example, you need 5,280rpm. For 'C', use 3,139rpm, for 'F' 4,191rpm, and so on.

Asiatech's French technicians (the engine, despite its name, is derived from a Peugeot design) simply programmed their engine to run through the various rev/note ranges in the correct sequence. The result is delightful. And think of the possibilities of BMW's F1 engine, which howls all the way to 19,050rpm, could rip through the entire Hendrix songbook. Even better: imagine a massed NASCAR choir performing "The Star Spangled Banner"! Being eight-cylinder engines, the frequency per second would be 60/(4 x revs), which means you'd multiply the note frequencies by 15 instead of 12: 'A' would arrive at 6,600rpm, 'C' at 3,923rpm, 'F' at 5,238rpm, etc.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I think your math may be off, but it's too late for me to be confident int hat enough to risk the headache caused by redoing that math. Oh, and "clicky-clicky"?....."Get your own phrase" :tongue:

Hmm, it would definately need to be with a race engine, both for the high revs, and the throttle response.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Cool Stuff!

Yeah, it's the throttle response that amazes me, the slides through the rpm's to achieve note changes are almost non-existant.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
WOW

all I can say is WOW.

I wish I could get paid to play with engines all day. :(

as for the math...well...if there is an error, I'm not pointing it out. Close enough for government work.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
so where the heck was this thing when I was in HS band..... I mean the saxamaphone is cool, but come on.... playing a 10cyl mill woulda been MUCH cooler

marching might have gotten a bit akward though

·
2,028 Posts
GreenBird said:
I think your math may be off, but it's too late for me to be confident int hat enough to risk the headache caused by redoing that math. Oh, and "clicky-clicky"?....."Get your own phrase" :tongue:

Hmm, it would definately need to be with a race engine, both for the high revs, and the throttle response.
I found this on the Internet...looks like it's a copy paste....numbers are the same...so it must be a cut and paste from the original document...

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uh yeah, that's why I said "From the person I got it from..." (got it from the Carolinas T-Bird site) :D It even tells where it got the math (technical/musical details via F1 Racing magazine)

·
2,028 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Uh yeah, that's why I said "From the person I got it from..." (got it from the Carolinas T-Bird site) :D It even tells where it got the math (technical/musical details via F1 Racing magazine)
SD, I quoted Greenbird cuz he said he didnt know if the math was right....and there's the proof that the math is correct.

Sorry :(

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh ok, I still find it funny he questioned my math when I even said I didn't come up with it. ;)

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
That BLOWS!!!!!!!!

lol,
Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts