TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look at this Civic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6256&item=4517116760&rd=1

Somebody obviously spent a lot of time fabricating that hood, as well as doing the "lambo conversion" on the doors.
Here's my question:
Why would somebody with that much creativity and ambition succumb to the trendy euro tails, autozone seat covers and "projektur" headlights?
I'm amazed by this stuff...

(in case anybody asks, I was looking at eBay Civics for exactly this reason... a good laugh)

·
Registered
170 Posts

Common now! It is a "Type R" That car is amazingly powerful. All that wireloming (or whatevertf its called) adds tons of power. You gotta respect a car like this.

DISCLAIMER: I have been known to lie uncontrolably

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
that is the riciest gayest cars I have yet to see. First of all, you know you're a ricer when you put a car up for auction on eBay and dont even post engine pics, and I mean ones where you can actually see things on the engine, not a transparent hood.

$200 ported throttle body? Yeah right, I sell mine for 65.
$200 electronic turbo...riiiiight
$350 forged pistons...for what, the .2psi from the electric turbo? aaaaahhahahaha
$200 for spark plugs and wires, I hope they add like 50 mad hp cause those are expensive.
$250 chrome valve cover, sure looks like dirty a** cast aluminum to me, anyone else?

that stuff is just freaking hilarious. If he thinks his car is worth almost 40k then why does it have no bids? lol

-Thomas

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
He's got alllll that $ dropped into it, it still looks like a piece of trash, and he's only asking $4200... riiiight. Something's just not clicking. Maybe it's that he's a noob

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
ok, by the way the hood would close, I would think that those hood pins would have to be the stick on(fake) variety too...
That's rediculous...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
What a waste of God Given time and money!
Things I will never understand:
1.Americans not supporting Domestic Products (hint:WHY JAPANESE CARS, or should I say Go-Karts)
2.Who honestly likes the sound of a ricer muffler? How can you say that sound is better than a 4.6L with True Duals?!
3.Who wants a car made with cheap, plastic parts?
4. 4-Cylinders are a disgrace to cars everywhere....give your cars some REAL power. Why buy a 4 banger?

Maybe I'm crazy....can anyone answer these questions?!?!!?
haha

·
Registered
824 Posts
ThunderBeast86 said:
1.Americans not supporting Domestic Products (hint:WHY JAPANESE CARS, or should I say Go-Karts)
2.Who honestly likes the sound of a ricer muffler? How can you say that sound is better than a 4.6L with True Duals?!
4. 4-Cylinders are a disgrace to cars everywhere....give your cars some REAL power. Why buy a 4 banger?

haha
1: Thats some of the dumbest crap I've heard of. Toyota and Honda plants are on US Soil, you know that, right?

2: Total agreement. lol

3: LOL. No offense, but have you looked in the interior of our cars lately?

4: Because 4 cyls get good gas economy?

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't get me wrong,
I like import cars. They are dependable, efficient, and they seem to hold their resale value. What I cannot stand is the trendy aftermarket stuff...
I mean, I see euro lights every single day on a Civic, Integra, etc...
What's the point when it's not custom or unique? I just can't understand how people can be such lemmings.
What's worse is the Cavalier/Sunfire drivers with the obligatory euro tails, clear corners and fart muffler.
The rice thing has been discussed a thousand times, but isn't anybody else surprised that these trends haven't yet gone away?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Teal94BirdV8 said:
1: Thats some of the dumbest crap I've heard of. Toyota and Honda plants are on US Soil, you know that, right?

2: Total agreement. lol

3: LOL. No offense, but have you looked in the interior of our cars lately?

4: Because 4 cyls get good gas economy?

1.. Who owns them? Who designs them? Are they of American design?

2.yes

3.Have you checked out a Civic vs. Let's say....OUR CARS........Who has more plastic? Why do you think they weigh much less? Our cars are MUCH more solid.

4.Ok, you're supporting 4bangers.........you should have a V-8....real power.

If you like japanese cars......get one, sell your Bird.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmm Honda was engineered by the JAPANESE. Even if americans are some of the engineers....it follows japanese styles.
So, if you want to call them American cars........ you'd be sp-ed.
Even if an American company has a plant in Japan....it is considered an AMERICAN product.
What don't you get? Just because some of them are made here.....DOESN'T make them American

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
PearlWhite97 said:

2.yes

3.Have you checked out a Civic vs. Let's say....OUR CARS........Who has more plastic? Why do you think they weigh much less? Our cars are MUCH more solid.

you're one to talk owning a v6. You know most imports can beat the stock v6 mn12 dont you? How about a turbo 4? Then you're screwed. Imports have some good technology, civics and integras do not make up the entire import crowd, there are some very nice cars out there, such as the vr-4 AWD twin turbo v6, or the domestic dodge srt-4, DSM's, rx7, mx6, etc, etc.

Now its the euro tails and fart cans I do not enjoy. I enjoy nice tasteful tactful modding. If it makes you faster, awesome, if it looks horrible and does nothing, boo. And I absolutely hate the people who add a "cold air intake" and fart can and go street racing, and keep their car that way for the rest of their time owning it. Street racing is stupid, your cars isnt any faster than it was before, and its repetative and retarded.

-Thomas

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
PearlWhite97 said:

2.yes

Dude, you're opening up a whole can of worms you REALLY don't wanna argue. If you feel like burning bridges with about 60% of the members here while you've only got like 7 posts, I say go for it, but you've got a battle ahead of you.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Grims95SC said:

Common now! It is a "Type R" That car is amazingly powerful. All that wireloming (or whatevertf its called) adds tons of power. You gotta respect a car like this.

DISCLAIMER: I have been known to lie uncontrolably
You'd think he'd at least chrome or powder coat the valve cover. It kind of reminds me of that "mustang" civic on ebay last year

·
Registered
468 Posts
ThunderBeast86 said:

haha
Your not crazy your thinking like a racer...
Many Japanese cars are more reliable and better on gas, etc etc etc....
I personally can't stand a loud exhaust on my cars any more, too many headache's
Plastic is just that cheap keeping costs low, plus its light and the lighter the car is the more milage you can get out of it , If you used mostly Carbon fiber in lets say an SUV you could get 60mpg.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yeah... turbo 4 cars are sooooooooooooooooooo gay...

Sorry, I had to :rolleyes: I do agree with CougarCragar on his points though

(and yes, I do own a V8 as well)

·
Registered
357 Posts
ThunderBeast86 said:

haha

I owned a stock Thunderbird with the 4.6 V8, and now I have a "4 banger". It is in no way a disgrace to cars everywhere and I would guarantee it has more "REAL" power than your car. If you don't beleive me, lets take it to the track.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts