Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ccornett said:
hmm... you've got to be kidding me!

BTW it is IMPOSSIBLE for a front wheel drive (Supra) to pop a wheely... Think about that... And you are right when you say "Fart Cannon" cuz those rice rockets are just that. Although the style of a STOCK supra is nice...
Supras are RWD. Do a search on them. And race one before you make fun. I hate imports, but that car earned my respect (as long as it sports a turbo).

Eli

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
ccornett said:
BTW it is IMPOSSIBLE for a front wheel drive (Supra) to pop a wheely... Think about that... And you are right when you say "Fart Cannon" cuz those rice rockets are just that. Although the style of a STOCK supra is nice...

Toyota Supra's are RWD, as Mensan said. In my small 'car club,' my friend has an '89 Turbo Supra that kicks the crap out of the Mustangs in the group.

It has an HKS Dragger Exhaust System installed on it. It's rather amusing to hear "look at that rice car with his fart cannon' from all the stupid idiots that race him. Rather amusing to see their faces as they quickly lose. In vehicles like that, you need as free flowing an exhaust as possible.

As for shooting flames, the Supra does throw a fireball out every now and again. However, there's a problem with the Turbo, so once that problem is resolved, the fireball will probably go away. Still is fun to watch though...especially on the freway at night...when you're video taping it.

Oh, and ccornett, since you were mentioning "The Fast and The Furious"....
Since you were wrong about the Supra, I figure I would tell you that Mazda RX-7's are RWD as well. Hence the burnout Vin Diesel's car does when they do in their 4 way race is real as well. Please research the import vehicles you talk trash about BEFORE you post.

As for flamethrower exhaust on a MN-12...I don't like the idea. You'd need to carefully construct your exhaust to avoid everything, including frying your own rear bumper. If you dump out the side of the car, you run into the fuel line issue. If you can pull it off though, post a video or a picture or two. Would be interesting to see. Though, I still think seeing flames shoot out of an old chopped top Merc is the coolest. :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wasn't awear that the Supra was RWD... I'll take your word for it. I stand corrected..

Its sad really... There are some nice looking imports (The STOCK look) but then there's all thease people ricing them out and it has completely destroyed the import's all together...

I will NEVER own an import for 2 reasons.. #1 i can't stand cars with no torque.. who cares about high rpm HP.. TORQUE is what moves you.. #2 because of rice rockets it has forever turned me off on imports completely...

Just like i will NEVER own a mustang.. because every stop light i come to there are atleast 2, at EVERY stop light...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Its sad really... There are some nice looking imports (The STOCK look) but then there's all thease people ricing them out and it has completely destroyed the import's all together...

I will NEVER own an import for 2 reasons.. #1 i can't stand cars with no torque.. who cares about high rpm HP.. TORQUE is what moves you.. #2 because of rice rockets it has forever turned me off on imports completely...

Just like i will NEVER own a mustang.. because every stop light i come to there are atleast 2, at EVERY stop light... [/B][/QUOTE]

I understand about torque thats all true i cant stand people trying to make 4cyl faster either but i have seen people who i highly respect one for example put a 350 in a supra and boy what a sleeper and being different i dont see no problem with that. But... the mustang i have to disagree the mustang is my favorite car even though it is every one elses just about i would trade my car if i thought i was getting something good out of it for a mustang id love to have my dads 86gt with 43k original miles ive tried to trade him all so many times but the answer is always the same but you dont know what you are going to miss...:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
jb351tbird90 said:
I understand about torque thats all true i cant stand people trying to make 4cyl faster either but i have seen people who i highly respect one for example put a 350 in a supra and boy what a sleeper and being different i dont see no problem with that. But... the mustang i have to disagree the mustang is my favorite car even though it is every one elses just about i would trade my car if i thought i was getting something good out of it for a mustang id love to have my dads 86gt with 43k original miles ive tried to trade him all so many times but the answer is always the same but you dont know what you are going to miss...:)

I've been on a ride in a SVT cobra... IF i ever even considered a mustang it would be a cobra.. the RAW power that thing had was AMAZING.. and it truly felt like a cockpit of a jet.. But then again.. there are very FEW SVT cobra's around... especially compaired to the standard mustang... Event the GT.. although there are alot of GT's around.. MOST of the ones i see are v6's which is just a waste of a car..

But for what the SVT Cobra costs.. i could get a Trans Am which is much better then a mustang.. Actually i could probably get 2 Trans Am's for what an SVT Cobra costs.

·
2,028 Posts
ccornett said:
I wasn't awear that the Supra was RWD... I'll take your word for it. I stand corrected..
Supra burnout picture
believe Mensan, and myself...

I agree somewhat. I do believe that there are a lot of crap imports out there because of the 'ricer' attitude.

Depends on the Import you are talking about. Turbo Supras make more torque than a stock V8 T-Bird, stock vs. stock.

"Who cares about High RPM HP?" .....ask any 4v Cobra owner, or anyone w/ a Vortech supercharger, or how's about anyone w/ a Turbo'ed ____. Torque is nice. However, you have to have a good balance between torque and high RPM horsepower. If you think torque is all that, why dont you drop a diesel engine into your vehicle. You'll have all the torque you want.

"because of rice rockets it has forever turned me off on imports completely..."
that's fine. Remind me to challenge you to a race when my girlfriend and I get her Subaru WRX STi when she graduates. Lets see what happens to your car vs. her 'rice rocket.'

Just like i will NEVER own a mustang.. because every stop light i come to there are atleast 2, at EVERY stop light...
You know, some cars people purchase because it makes them feel good, or shows some sort of prestige. Corvettes are "America's sports car." Mustangs are "America's pony car." You should expect them to sell a lot because they're damn good cars to have. If they had sold as many MN-12's as Mustangs, there would be people saying the same thing about MN-12's.

·
2,028 Posts
ccornett said:

I've been on a ride in a SVT cobra... IF i ever even considered a mustang it would be a cobra.. the RAW power that thing had was AMAZING.. and it truly felt like a cockpit of a jet.. But then again.. there are very FEW SVT cobra's around... especially compaired to the standard mustang... Event the GT.. although there are alot of GT's around.. MOST of the ones i see are v6's which is just a waste of a car..

But for what the SVT Cobra costs.. i could get a Trans Am which is much better then a mustang.. Actually i could probably get 2 Trans Am's for what an SVT Cobra costs.
Uh, Trans Am's are more rare than SVT Cobras. Last time I went to a Pontiac dealership, I was told that a 2002 Trans Am WS6 would run around $35,000 plus TTL. I tried to get a used Trans Am, but I ended up getting my T-bird for insurance reasons. Unless you hit up eBAY, or are getting a much older model F-body, you're not going to get 2 Trans Am's for the price of one Cobra.

V6's are NOT a waste of a car. I know that if I just wanted a daily driver car, I wouldnt mind a V6 Mustang...as long as I had a V8 one to play with on the weekend... Also, when I have children, if anything, I'm getting my kids a V6 Firebird or Mustang...they're NOT getting a V8 until they can prove themselves.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I still say that you shouldn't downgrade a person just because they like a particular mod for their car. Why must you down grade them by acting like they are POS's. Yes I have my, bird, 2 trucks, and my girl drives a 01 prelude si . That car has not had anything wrong with it & if she wanted to "rice" it out as you say, she is more than welcome. Because what might appeal to her, might not appeal to someone else but on the flipside, there might be a mod that you like, but everybody else might think you are a poser, but that's what you like. I'm tired of all this name calling APPRECIATE- DON"T PLAYER-HATE!

-Tank:king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

·
Registered
132 Posts
V6's are nice engines... Just not for an american sports car.

Your right about the Trans Am, about $35-40,000 but last time i checked an SVT Cobra was $60,000+ Its been quite ahwile since i looked but i'm sure they are still expensive.

As for Torque vs HP... Your right you need a balance.. but imports don't have a balance.. they have 200hp @ 9k RPM and NO torque.

As for the Race... Well of course a 4600 LB car isn't going to beat a 1200 lb car.. Stock vs stock..

There are a FEW nice imports out there... but the 'Rice Rockets' that we all see (Especially in california) daily, 99.99% of them are STOCK with fart cannon 20" exhaust pipes and a tail the size of a 737, SLAMED to the ground and have to go over driveways sideways, taking 10 minutes to get threw a parking lot.. That's annoying. the 00.01% that IS a high performance import they end up spending $10-20k in engine work, just buy a REAL sports car in the first place... why spend $20k on a car, $10k on body work, and $20k on engine work to get an over sized lawn mower to keep up with a $25k sports car? it sure as heck isn't for the MPG's cuz DOHC engine's DRINK gas. (I rented a DOHC Stratus once, drank more gas then my tbird and it was like a 2.0L engine)

Everything has its purpos... Imports last FOREVER... IF they are left stock.. Becides the Purple, baby blue, and any other ugly color that you see shaking down the street (Shaking because they have NO suspention) the exhaust just sends it over the line... a 20" exhaust tip is RETARDED. (That's 20" around) and it sounds like its farting for god sakes. A nice Hum is ok (Like the sound of a Porsche) but the ones that sound like they fart, or sound like a friggen hover.. they need to open their ears it DOESN'T SOUND GOOD.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I mean seriously... for god sakes...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Question: How can i get flamethrowers on my car?

Answer: Ricers suck! Here are pics of why!

Seems like alot of threads head in this direction these days.

Sigh.

Mike J
:diablo:

BTW, I'd give out some info on how to do this to an injected car, without major modification if i wasn't certian that 90% of the people trying it here would blow themselves up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude, I'm not trying to argue with you, but I really don't agree with some of the things you say. First of which is it really doesn't have to be foreign anymore to be rice. Second, ask the turbo Buick guys what they think of V6s. There is alot of stuff that can't be generalized in one or two sentences. Like I said earlier, GENERALLY I don't like imports, but there are a few I'd own. And not all American cars are immune to the ricer craze either. I've seen some REALLY bad Mustangs. Just my $.02

Eli

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mensan said:
Dude, I'm not trying to argue with you, but I really don't agree with some of the things you say. First of which is it really doesn't have to be foreign anymore to be rice. Second, ask the turbo Buick guys what they think of V6s. There is alot of stuff that can't be generalized in one or two sentences. Like I said earlier, GENERALLY I don't like imports, but there are a few I'd own. And not all American cars are immune to the ricer craze either. I've seen some REALLY bad Mustangs. Just my $.02

Eli
Your right... One of which is the Ford Focus... But 98% of the Ricers are imports..

·
Registered
825 Posts
ccornett: Your not the brightest guy are you? Who do you think first used wheelie bars on their drag cars?? Thats right, fwd vehicles..

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I'm not sure if you were looking for an answer on how to get flames on your car or if that question was answered....

I dont have time right now to look it up but I know of a kit you can get for your car that will get the flames your looking for. You hook up a coil and run 2 spark plugs to the tips of your exhaust. Really not hard to do. If you really would like i will check this post later and leave you a link.

M8:ztoohot:

·
Registered
129 Posts
"Your not the brightest guy are you? Who do you think first used wheelie bars on their drag cars?? Thats right, fwd vehicles.."

I gotta jump on this one. It's too easy.

When was the last time you saw a FWD wheelie? Please research the early use of wheelie bars and report back to me. Consider this an assignment. It'll be like you're in school.:D

Mike J

·
Registered
825 Posts
BostonCat: You look it up, and trust me, fwd vehicles were the first to use wheelie bars because the front wheels kept coming unloaded so they put the wheels on the back to force mroe weight onto the frotn wheels for traction. If you would like me to post you to the hugr discussion we had on ricecop I would be happy to. You can post your opinion over there also and get taught there if you want also

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tazer999 said:
ccornett: Your not the brightest guy are you? Who do you think first used wheelie bars on their drag cars?? Thats right, fwd vehicles..

Maybe not the brightest... but hey.. atleast i'm not as dull as you..

Think about that... it would be IMPOSSIBLE for a FWD car to do a wheelie.. sure the front tires may break loose.. all tires break loose.. but its impossible for it to do a wheelie..

I guess this intelligence from you goes with your "9.0L" you supposedly have in your SC...

and for the record... FWD is a relatively new thing. RWD and wheelie bars were around LONG before they ever started using FWD, much less FWD doing drag races.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Tazer: Dragsters and gassers were using wheelie bars before anyone knew what FWD was. Please prove me wrong.

Wheelie bars are just that. Bars to stop a car from pulling a wheelie.

Mike J

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.