TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Gf liz and I were buying coffee at our local exxon....We were paying and I just happened to see this red 1994 4door civic that I see a lot around town. I look back at it and guess I laughed a little too hard. The kid who owns it comes into the exxon and ask me What's so funny? I say, Nothing was just looking at your car. The ricer responds,Why you laughing then? I tell him that I see him racing around town a lot. He ask if I wanted to race him and that he is running 11psi boost....Trust me,this kids car is JUNK. He then gets pissed off and walks out before I ask if he wanted to run at the track. Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to know,anybody else have these types in their town?

Chris C.

·
Super Moderator
12,232 Posts
LOL

Great story. Yea, these ricers love their rice no matter how homely they are. I'm glad he didn't press the issue. That type just isn't worth your time.

As for around here ... No, I can't say I've run into the type. I've been fortunate that everyone that I've met at the tracks around here or who has asked about my car on the street has been really cool.

Too bad you didn't get a chance to take him up on his offer. Just watch my turning Japanese video, drink a beer and have a laugh. :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
17,139 Posts
I always get a kick out of confrontational people. They get so bent out of shape if they feel they're not getting respek, which 100% of the time means they have incredibly embarrassing issues with their manhood.

I've noticed a huge resurgence of ricers lately, that whole fad seemed to peeter out a few years ago but they've been out in force lately. I blame Paul Walker, the asinine "memorial cruises" that broke out after his death really reinvigorated them. A few weekends ago I even witnessed through my rear view an oh so fast and the furious inspired act of Civics, Del Sols and Integras blocking off the lanes on North Ave. so they could race each other. Once they (slowly) caught up to traffic they'd all back off again.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Lol stupid kids.

There's a kid around here with an 2001ish red eclipse. It's slammed with a body kit that's falling off, 20inch rims, and projectors - a real POS. He drives around town like a arse hat weaving in and out of traffic, flooring it and slamming on the brakes. Well yesterday I saw him coming and I got in the right lane and drove next to this truck that was going really slow so he couldn't get around me. He was tail gating the crap out of me and throwing his hands up and I was just laughing my a$$ off. Then I come up to my street and I turn off and he turns off with me so I drive even slower as he is still tailgating me. I drop down to about 25mph (speed limit is 45)and he can't get around because of on coming traffic. He finally got around me when the on coming traffic stopped. It was hilarious he comes flying around me horn blaring flipping me off with his little fart can buzzing like a swarm of angry bees and I'm just sitting there waving and laughing.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Happens to me all of the time. Some kid in a Honda that his daddy bought pulls up next to you at a traffic light and revs his lawn mower motor until the fart can exhaust starts to snap, crackle and pop like a bowl of rice krispies.

Just laugh, shake your head, and let him go. These fish aren't worth the catch.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I still come across them frequently out here. Not as often as years past, to my knowledge my bird still holds it's own against 9.5/10 of them. Sadly my truck almost holds it's own against them as well and to be honest it's not supposed to be fast. I get people pulling up to me revving asking to race when I have a freaking trailer. I blame the TV show "Street Outlaws". Kind of brought back a whole insurgence of bad street racing manners.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
There' a Tahoe that has flaming chrome door handles and every kind of walmart stick on there is.
He claims he has 700 BHP and is running 50pounds of boost.
It's "Ocean Mist" blue and it's one out of "5" Tahoes that got these upgrades.
:rofl::rofl:

·
Super Moderator
12,232 Posts
I guess the bird here is a true "Sleeper" I have know issues with them.
:tongue: :uppoint:

Oh, that's subtle ... "known issues ... " :tongue:

I wish I could get out with mine more often than I do.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,788 Posts
What I meant to say is I have no issues with them.
And...I really don't need you to correct what you think my meaning is.

·
Super Moderator
12,232 Posts
What I meant to say is I have no issues with them.
And...I really don't need you to correct what you think my meaning is.
:D :thumbsup:

I could always head up to the 1/8th mile track at Mooresville and blow the doors off of a few of them if I wanted to ... buy why waste the rubber ... :zdunno:

If I were you Darren I'd be down at Rockingham or Fayetteville as much as I could. I wish I lived as close to the tracks as you do.

·
Super Moderator
9,358 Posts
I just let them live in their own little world; I live in mine and that satisfies me. Best one I saw was one that had been neon green duct taped all over...

Although they're about the only cars on the road that "get" to spend as much time at WOT as they do... :tongue:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,788 Posts
You don't need M/Ts to take down a Civic, You could use bald cracked sidewall junkyard steelies and still come out ahead :tongue:
lol Good one Matt, But I have seen some ricers at Rockingham in the 10's :eek:

·
Super Moderator
12,232 Posts
I just let them live in their own little world; I live in mine and that satisfies me. Best one I saw was one that had been neon green duct taped all over...

Although they're about the only cars on the road that "get" to spend as much time at WOT as they do... :tongue:
I see your point. When all you're doing is making noise at WOT and not really going anywhere fast you can spend as much time at WOT as you like. :tongue:

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I hardly get them either. I never get messed with in the Tbird, every now and then I'll out accelerate a hot shot Bimmer or Benz from a stop light as a "salute". Funny thing is, I'll get all kinds of attention from ricers when I'm in the Mustang...and I don't drive that car hard nearly as often as the Tbird.

If only we had a track closer to us that wasn't over an hour away...

·
Lightly Seasoned
717 Posts
For a while it seemed like the ricer fad died around here, But since the trailer for Fast&Furious movie came out, Its starting up again:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts