11,719 Posts
It's abit too agressive for me, but I see styling from:

BMW: Grille
Mustang SVO: hood scoop
Cobra R: lower part of the chin

·
Registered
397 Posts
I like what they did with the lights.. I was never a big fan of the stock ones, makes it look too much like a celica or del sol.

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
That hood scoop reminds of the ones you buy aftermarket outta JC whitney, or those off of Camaros, not mustangs, just my .02

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
It's grossly overstyled....

ends up looking plain silly.....

I'll give the guy credit...that hood and scoop are a work
of art. It's the first add-on I've ever seen that looks oem...

Whoever did the work is really good....too bad the overall
styling effort had to go off the deep end.

My .02,

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I know for a fact that this guy spent too much money on his car. Wanna know how I know? I saw the car in person and there's something not shown in these pics.

Take a peek:

Acura RSX taillights and 1/2 gullwing doors

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
...And it had so much potential:(
I can't even imagine the amount of time, money, and work that the owner put into that thing. Way overdone...Way.

BTW - they are 3 Series headlights also.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
GreenBird said:

Mustang SVO: hood scoop
Credit where credit is due, the SVO stole its scoop styling from the 1970 AAR Cuda, so you see styling from a Cuda. The Camaro used a scoop more like this, though, also derived from that Cuda scoop but if you aren't going to go back to where the scoop started, it is really styled directly after a Camaro scoop, I see no changes what so ever from the Camaro one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Does the car come with organ music and do clowns come climbing out of it?

Also for credit were credit is due; NASA should be credited for the design of that scoop. variations Cuda', 71-73 Mach1's, 73 GTO's, SVO mustangs, and turbo tbirds, are some examples of that design.

It would be nice to have the $$$ that guy threw at that car...It goes to show that no matter how much $$$ you throw at a ricer, it is still a "ricer"

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
NACA deserves the credit not, NASA. NACA was NASA's predecessor and designed the duct I am sure you are referring to, thus the reson it is called a NACA duct. I was just referring to sthetic design as far as a car hoodscoop though. Neither of space agencies every put it on the hood of a car.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
if the kid wanted a damn BMW then he should have bought one to start with..... Blondes Will Marry....

·
Registered
195 Posts
ok, 4 cam you got me there. Question; I know what the NASA accronym stands for but what does the accronym NACA stand for? Not trying to be a smart *** here I really never heard of it. My father worked at Ford's aerospace division at the Johnson space center from 1966-80. So I know alittle about NASA but I am confused about the NACA. Please enlighten 4cam or whoever might know. I reread my post and I did not mean make it sound like NASA/NACA ever but scoops on cars?!?!?! Thinking about it with all the contractors working for the agencies during the start of the space age, who knows what company designed the scoop? I guess if someone really cared they could look it up with the patent office? Ok that is stepping off into the deep end.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Chartered in 1915, operational from 1917-1958. The National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958 created NASA from NACA

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. I think it just kind of turned into NASA but the ducts were designed when it was NACA. Airfoil shapes also are denoted by NACA #'s.

I know you didn't say NASA ever put a scoop on a car, I was just saying that I didn't see the need to credit an aeronautical agency for a hood scoop design.

Edit: Ah, I typed to much and ShadowDragon beat me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts