TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering. My car has been running pretty rich for a while now. Rich enough to turn my tips black within a matter of 2 to 3 days and it gets maybe 250 miles to a topped off tank. I'm possitive I don't have a vaccume leak and my EGR system is all good. I have 2 auxillary emissions control codes and I was wondering if it was the 2 rear o2 sensors because I do nat have any cats. 2.5 to 3 inch back to 2.5 split. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
5,650 Posts
The rear oxygen sensors will not affect how the car runs (i.e. rich/lean, power, etc.). You have a problem elsewhere. If you don't have any cats and you haven't gotten a tune or chip, then the explanation for the codes is probably that the PCM knows the cats aren't there. That would be your mistake for not getting the rear sensors taken care of via a tune or simulators.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. So I guess it would be safe to say I will need to get a couple of mil eliminators.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.