TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey right now I have a Cold Air Intake... just the filter and tube underneath in the wheel well that only leads up to the MAF. I still have my stock violin casing from the MAF to the TB. Does a Richard M tube increase flow better than the violin case? or is it just for looks? Or am i good right now with just my cone filter and tube.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
The RM tube is a great and a recommended mod for our 94-95 cars. The RM tube flows way better than the violin case. It is up to you if you want to buy the RM tube, but I do recommend it highly.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok... how do i go about contacting him for one? Email address? Web site? if so what is the contact info. thanks

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
You can always drop him a PM anc check if he still has some, but like weswing04 said, hes not making anymore and it would be best to find a used one. I actually sold mine like 2 months ago and I sold it fast, it is still a very hot Item for you 94-95 guys.. Post a wanted add and see how much luck you have.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yeah, I just sold mine a couple weeks ago. I think the for sale ad was up for like half a day at most and then it was gone.

But good luck finding one, they do make the bay look a lot nicer and flows better.

Joe

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
The only backup to the RichardM tube is the Civic tube. Blue Tongue Motorsports told me they were going to make one about a year ago, and they would email me when the first one was ready, but I never got an email.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I just put on a civic tube tonight. It took me a lot more work than I would have liked but my resources were limited, as were my tools. It works, just gotta have a peice from a '96-'97 intake tube(if you don't want to use the cone filter). I picked one up at the junkyard for $5.00. There is a post somewhere that tells you all about it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Anywhere I can find pics as to what the RM intake looks like. Maybe I can have somebody try to copy it. I had an idea that involved PVC pipe from the TB to the MAF but the hood wouldn't shut. It was neat, too. What year civic is for the Civic tube conversion?

Tubular,

Clay

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
yes the 92-00 will work...

better than waiting weeks and weeks for a USED tube to be up for sale...not to dawg the RM tube

·
Registered
364 Posts
He might make one if you ask nice and pay him..

One might have just arrived at my door last week... ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts