TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guyz,

sometimes when i'm turning right and i turn on the right turn signal the indicator on the instrument panel doesn't flash, but you hear a faster tempo to the clicking that comes along with the turn indicator. i also noticed that the front signal bulb won't flash and the rear one will flash twice as fast. now this happens every so often. i've replaced the front and rear bulbs, i've cleaned the housing and connectors for the bulbs and still no good. could this possibly be the flasher, if so where is it located?

thanks,

stan

·
Registered
298 Posts
Check your bulbs, mine did that and I replaced the rear bulb (blown) and everything has worked great since then. Cheaper than a switch.

Scott

·
Registered
855 Posts
he's already changed the front and rear bulbs,......what you should do is seeing how it works most of the time and doesn't for some times is take out your multifunction switch, scrape/clean the contacts so that they're shiny,.....and apply some dielectric grease to the connections,.....put it back together, and chances are it'll be fine.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The above post is 100% correct...

Your contacts are dirty. You're going to have to remove alot of the plastic trim around your steering column and it may take you a little time, but it's a free fix. This happened to both of the 97s I drive before either of them hit 53,000 miles. Both right turn signals, with symptoms exactly as you described.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
yea it has nothing to do with the bulbs, its all in the MFS, mine does that every once in a while. i havent driven the car in almost 5 months but i remember that it happend often. i got a new MFS and hopefully ill get that installed one of these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts