TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one tried painting stock rims with a rubberized or truck bed lining type paint ?

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Please don't do that.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Why? Unless they are offroad tires on a truck.

I painted mine with Krylon Spray...

If you are looking for a very cheap fix that's the way to go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was just a passing thought those look great ill stick with nice duplicolor wheel paint.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I painted a set of truck wheels with the graphite color wheel paint. I fell in love with it. I'll eventually paint my Monte's rims that color.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
some other member here talking about some kind of indestructible rim "paint" or coating that could withstand anything. I wish I could remember that. I'd love to paint some 93 cobra fan blades with an evergreen frost color.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wheel Paint

Whichever kind of wheel paint you prefer or are used to is fine but PLEASE do not
paint the lug seats. BAD IDEA! It will alter lug njut torque

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
some other member here talking about some kind of indestructible rim "paint" or coating that could withstand anything. I wish I could remember that. I'd love to paint some 93 cobra fan blades with an evergreen frost color.
powdercoat?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
has any one tried painting stock rims with a rubberized or truck bed lining type paint ?
You know your a redneck when...

Funny you brought that up. There is a Dodge Dakota at the shop right now that the guy painted the inside of his truck bed with bed liner (with a sprayer). Well, it came out real nice, so he painted THE WHOLE TRUCK WITH IT. It sounds ugly, but actually, the truck looks really good! I'll get pics to show y'all, but it came out nice and now me and another mechanic are thinking about painting our old trucks the same way (but another color besides black).

·
Banned
241 Posts
what is the best most durrable paint to be used on rims, i was thinking of strpping off my chrome since its been peeling for awhile now and redoing my rims gloss black...and then also im gonna redo my car this winter hopefully all black also...any tips?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
As Promised a Rhino Liner Truck RAM TOUGH!!!

I briefly considered painting my old 95 bird in all truck Bed liner, decided against it
Well, here are the pics of what a truck completed painted in Rhino Liner looks like (as I promised); sorry the truck is dirty:

I'm thinking of doing my Dodge truck (but not in black, some other color).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts