TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone now if i take all the paint off my 94 stock fan rims with gray powder coat and then sand the aluminum by hand and then polish the aluminum if thell shine at all. I no this will be alot of work but wanted to no before i start this prodject. thanks.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I always wondered how that would turn out with the directionals on my mark. I have an old t-bird rim as an extra winter rim, maby i'll try a section. I know it would be a lot of work. It would be best to remove the tire too I think.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I started something like that on an old set of fan wheels and I just got fed up and threw the wheel I started on out into the trash. :rant: It takes A LOT of work.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Jack K said:
I started something like that on an old set of fan wheels and I just got fed up and threw the wheel I started on out into the trash. :rant: It takes A LOT of work.
lol, I did the same thing with a set of 10 hole Mustang rims I had. I didn't throw it out though, after a few hours into the first rim I said screw it and quit. I just ended up painting them.

Like the other said...it can be done but to say it's a lot of work is a serious understatement.

--Brian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts