TCCoA Forums banner

RIP Doug Fraleigh aka DLF 1955-2013

7K views 42 replies 37 participants last post by  MitchB 
#1 · (Edited)
I received the shocking news tonight from Driller that long time member DLF passed unexpectedly at home on Wednesday night.

DLF has been a member here since at least December 2002 and probably before that.

It's most unfortunate that the FN10 and MN12 communities have lost another of our founding members. :(

Details of his passing can be found at the Lincolns of Distinction website where his wife announced his passing using his user account.

I'll post a copy of her post here.

Mrs. DLF at LincolnsofDistinction.org said:
With great sadness, I announce the death of my husband Doug Fraleigh. We assume a heart attack Wed night. Jenn and I started CPR but with 3 crews and efforts all the way to the hospital, they couldn't save him. He will be cremated and interred at Arlington National Cemetary the work he loved. Being the govt. could take months and I can post as soon as I know for anyone wanting to attend in the VA/DC area. Doug was relief Commander at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier for many years. It was one of his proudest accomplishments. He is survived by myelf, 3 children, his Mom, a sister, and three grandchildren, nieces and nephews. And on the TMI of it all, he's going in a racing red urn....... no coke bottle.

Instead of flowers, either of these sites would be special to me and Doug

Lacey Township E.M.S. # 23
PO Box 289
Forked River, NJ 08731
609-693-9510
OR Wreaths across America -- they try to see that every veteran has a wreath for the holidays http://www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/store/

I want to thank you all for a wonderful weekend at Carlisle as well as the ongoing commarardie that you all provide that make this place great with the special people that you are. I am glad I've had a chance to met and drink with some of you! Regards, Donna

http://lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?39877-RIP-Doug-Fraleigh

#2 ·
Holy cow. This is extremely unexpected, I just lost my great uncle Joe to an sudden heart attack while working on his car. A lot of great lives lost in such little time.

RIP Doug! Fly low. :angel2: :angel2:

Stay strong Mrs. DLF!

#6 ·
Wow, this is a shock! :(

Doug did a lot to help out with his custom made parts and the knowledge he had, he will be missed.

RIP Doug. :usa:

Joe

#7 ·
Rip Dlf

I learned alot from DLF through the years..I'm glad he was around for the time he was..

He was always forthcoming with information, and was willing to share that with others..

He was also an innovator for all things MN12..

He will be missed..

RIP DLF

Rayo..

#12 ·
This is indeed a great shock. The MN12/FN10 community has lost yet another a great contributor... :(

Rest in peace Doug.

#23 ·
His profile shows 58 years old.

Rob and I bought his spring perches and bushings last year. Great guy to do business with.

I didn't realize he was at Carlisle this year or I would have looked him up. Sorry I missed meeting him. :(

#17 ·
#18 ·
Damn. R.I.P man. He had done a lot for the MN-12 community.

#19 ·
That is awful. Prayers sent to the family.

#21 ·
Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear about Doug. I never bought any of his products (out of the lemons budget range) but he did seem to be a standup guy from the raves other folks posted about him. He will be missed.

-g

#26 ·
Condolences to friends and family.

#27 ·
I'm...speechless.

On a side note, completely unrelated to Doug's passing...and he was nothing but polite to me, never mind how many stupid questions I might have asked...I think his passing reveals just how fragile life is in general, but not only that, just how fragile that choosing obscure cars as a hobby is.

We sit back on autopilot, knowing that at least one person makes cool stuff for our cars, I don't have to worry about it, I can hang onto my heap, confident that when I get around to fixing or upgrading it, I'm lazy in the knowledge that he'll always be there to get this stuff from.

To be honest, he was the only reason why I even considered hanging onto these birds, as I am also guilty of thinking he'd be around for a while longer, while I got my crap in order.

I'm rambling right now, but I hope someone sees my point.

Thank you, Doug. I'm just sorry that I looked at you as more of 'the bushing guy' that I hoped to do business with someday, as opposed to 'Doug, the really fascinating guy that just happened to make a few bushings on the side.'

Agreed, I really hate mondays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.