TCCoA Forums banner

RIP Preston "tbirdbrain" Smith 1963 - 2014

5K views 40 replies 41 participants last post by  mrs.tbirdbrain 
#1 ·
After a hard-fought battle, Preston passed this morning one day after his 51st birthday. He was loved by many and will be missed by all.

I considered him a great friend, as did many others here. In his honor, I've turned the forum borders black til the end of the week.

Words can't convey the sadness in my heart for his wife Michele and their son. At least now the tears we've all shared can begin the healing process instead of anticipation of news none of us wanted.

God Bless you all.

#5 ·
Rip Buddy

#8 ·
So sad.. :(

My condolences to his family as well...

He played an important role here for awhile..I hope that with his passing that Michele will still remain active here..

I don't know what she's going through right now, but I wish her the best in her recovery from her loss..

As for his son..Only someone that has lost one of their parents at an early age could possibly understand..

It may not be the best time to say this, but I'd like to see Preston Jr. carry on his fathers legacy to be a part of such a great community..

RIP Preston (TbirdBrain) :angel2:

Rayo..

#9 ·
Man this is awful, I hadn't seen the grim developments Michelle posted in the other thread until now so this comes as an even bigger shock to me. I remember my early days here where we'd all be in the TCCoA chat room discussing whatever and Preston was always there to chime in with something helpful, interesting, funny, whatever. I remember when He, Michelle and their son came up here, I cut class to make the meeting with them and the Illinois chapter just to finally meet the man who keeps calling me Chico after my half baked lowering spring install:tongue:. I'm really going to miss him. My condolences Michelle.

R.I.P. Preston!

#10 ·
I never knew him, but it's always sad to hear of these things.

Thoughts and prayers to his family. :angel2:

#11 ·
Preston, Michele, and the little guy were and are like family to me. It's hard to believe that I've known them for over a decade now. As the years have gone by, I can't count how many times he helped me out or took late night calls for something random. Or the little guy asking me what I broke when I came over! We all know at goodbyes are only temporary and our time here is but a fleeting "thing". Until I see you again......do it to it.

#15 ·
Michele

I wish I could say something noble right now but I am unable to. Preston was always better at those big expensive words than I was. I can only say I am very sorry to hear this. I will always remember the times you guys took me in and gave me a room for a weekend here and a weekend there. I remember when Preston took time out of his busy schedule to fly up here to help with my fathers funeral and for that I will always be thankful.

If you need anything, let me know. You can reach me easiest on facebook still.

RIP Preston

#18 ·
I just saw all this; My heart goes out to y'all, Michelle.

I'm really sorry to hear about Preston; we'll all miss him, but you'uns most of all.

It's making me rethink my health for sure...

#20 ·
Michele,

Words cannot convey our sympathy for you and your family. My family and I continue to send our thoughts and prayers for you and your family in your time of loss.

I'm so glad I had a chance - on more than one occasion - to meet you and Preston, from our first meeting years ago when I dropped off my headers for some Braincoating and met The Great Obucina at your house to our most recent meeting at Robs house a few years ago for the Thanksgiving meet and dinner at Outback with the Carolina Crew.

Thanks so much for all that you and Preston have done for TCCoA over the years.

R.I.P. Preston. :angel2:

#21 ·
I was really hoping I wasn't going to read this... :(

I'm glad I was able to do business with Preston but also regret not having had the opportunity to have gotten to know him better.

Sincerest condolences from my family to yours. I'm not very good with words, but I don't think any words are good enough right now.

RIP Preston. :angel2:

#22 ·
I feel like I've lost a member of my immediate family right now. I learned quite a bit from this man I've never met, solely from the TCCoA chatroom, many a late nite. A never-ending fountain of knowledge I can only dream of being in my lifetime.

With a very heavy heart, rest in peace brother.

#23 ·
Very Sad news!

I had the opportunity to meet both Preston and Michelle a couple years back at the Turkey shootout down with the Carolina crew. Very nice folks to say the least.

I send my condolences to Michelle and the family. May GOD bless you all during this difficult time. You are in our thoughts and prayers!!!

#25 ·
very sad day, I will miss him, even though he was far away he always helped me, rip preston( I have been watching on facebook)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.