TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what to write now but felt that I needed to vent and let people know about a great man, My father Stephen Connors. Some of you may have met my father while attending Summer Blast, All ford nationals or our local car show here in VA. He has been into Thunderbirds since the 1960's..his favorite bird was his 1995 Seafoam green V8lx which he bought in 1994. He really took good care of that car...it all started with with a K&N panel filter, Borla Exhaust and Eibach lowering springs. It didn't take long after that for him to add more mods like a Pro-M 77mm Maf(yeah we know thats OVERKILL with a basicly stock car but he was set on having it) Richard M intake tube(Thank you Richard for making those pipes..he loved it!) poly bushings for the suspension, bigger tires and then came the Ported/polished/extrude honed stock '95 intake manifold...I tried my best to talk him into getting a P.I intake swap but he refused. My father liked to be do things his way..by the way we are Irish so a little stubborn(sp?) Anyway... this is very hard to write right now because it was only this morning that I saw him. I just want to thank everybody here at TCCOA for such a great forum and being so friendly. I believe my father joined back in 1998 or so but not sure. I've been around here since 2000 or so(had a different S/N back in the day then rejoined)
All I know is that I have met some great people on here and I'm proud to be apart of this club. I wish my father could go to Summer Blast this year..I just know that he WILL be there with me in spirit. I love you dad and I'm sure you will be searching these forums in heaven.
Chris C.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Sorry to hear that you lost your Dad. It sounds like you have a lot of good memories to try and help you through this terrible time. Your Dad will be with you at Summer Blast, you can bet that. Stay strong and I'll send a prayer your way for sure.

:usa:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys so much. It's been rough but I have two loving sisters who have been a great help. Maybe I can talk them into going to summer blast

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
So sorry for your loss Chris.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Chris

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sorry your dad won't be able to physically be here for SB this year but I'm sure he will be here with you in spirit.

Please find the time to make it up and have a good time with all the rest of us and definately bring the family along. I'm sure he'd like that. If there is anything we as a group or I can do please let me know.

We're here for you.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during these trying times.

I look forward to seeing you here in a few weeks. May GOD bless!!!!!

·
Administrator
8,011 Posts
Chris,

Sorry to hear the news! :( Losing a loved one is tough. :angel2:

Joe

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Sorry for your lost as well. A few peps here no first hand what you are going thru .

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the kind words. It's been pretty rough lately but I'm taking this pretty well I guess since I have lost my mother and best friend within 3-4 years. I hope I can somehow make it to summer blast this year...I just know my father would want me to go, the only problem is money at the moment. I'm putting my '94 rose mist lincoln mark Vlll up for sale first...then I need to figure out which bird I want to keep...the UnderBird or my SC :confused:
Chris C.

·
VA Chapter Director
729 Posts
Got your message today Chris. Sorry to hear about your dad. I met him and you years ago when you bought my old 90 SC and you dad was always pretty quite at the meets but you could see that twinkle in his eye that he was always planning something with that car. I think that car was the first T-bird I saw with some really nice brakes on it. Looked awesome. If you need anything you got my number.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
sorry for your loss

1 - 12 of 12 Posts