TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Well, I did it. I killed my 1983 tbird. Roads were wet and flew off the road goin around a turn. I ended up hitting a telephone pole snapping it into 3. BUILT FORD TOUGH! Anyway, the damage is pretty bad and I bent the frame up. Lord I hope that its repairable. Just wanted to thank everyone for all the advice I needed in the past. I appreciate it. -Andy-

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok, but I hate to tell you that your car will be totalled. There is no value left in it and the ins. co. will probably not want to give you anything for it. Heck, I had to fight to get paid on my 95 and there was wayyyy less damage to it than would be if it hit a telco pole.

I'd say part it out/junk it and go get yourself a newer bird/cougar.

Just my .02

Jay

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard from a buddy of mine that theres a machine that can adjust the frame of a car back to its stock shape. I forget what it was called. I'll do anything to bring this bird back. Im 19 and I have had it since I was 15. It was my first car. So many memories.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
That sux, glad you're okay. If you wanna post pics just go to <a href=http://www.imageshack.us>Imageshack</a href> and upload the pics there. It will return a link to post on the forums and let us view the pics.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
If you're bent on keeping it (no pun intended), yes there is a machine that can re-align the frame for you.

Just don't expect it to be cheap. I'd estimate a few hundred total. Then the cost of a new hood, headerpanel, fenders, etc... whatever else was busted. Hope you have some $$ laying around.

Jay

·
Registered
250 Posts
anything can be repaired, but its not always the smartest or most cost effective thing to do......u should know better than to drive a bird fast on wet roads:rolleyes: .....its almost as bad as snow....oh well glad yur ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts