TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay........just a few more mods...............and I will register for a Track Day at Blackhawk Farms Raceway.This will be my first time there.........is ANYONE interested in trying their SC?MN-12 on Track?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Save your mod money and put the save the cash for any repairs you might need inc. wear&tear items like tires/pads/rotors

I had a blast on our first track day several years ago with our 3.8L N/A car. We had just lowered the car and were running the factory stock 600TW tires.

The tires were squealing through every turn but it was a great time.

If you insist on spending money before your first track day, my first suggestion would be to look at your brakes. Are you using your stock calipers (vs. PBR swap?). Also, what pads are you using? Even stock rotors should be OK for a single track day but you might want to pick up a spare set of pads just in case you cook them.

·
Administrator
8,243 Posts
He should be in good shape Gunn, this won't be his first time on the track! :)

Joe

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Track time

My First track time?.............uh..this makes 5 years I have been driving H.P.D.E.'s............this is my first time at Blackhawk farms.

Added 13" Cobra rotors, with twin piston forged aluminum calipers

added 11.65 rear rotors - have been using Hawk pads - may try EBC pads sometime.

all new suspension parts and front end align.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
nevermind. i stand corrected and meant no offense.
i just watched a vid and it looks like a fun track.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
94'

Hi Matt....yes..........powder coated, forged aluminum, twin piston calipers. They never seem to fade during an event......this season.......I switched to Hawk pads too.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Road Course

Well Thanks to my Son Doug.........my new motor mounts are in. One more step taken to improve the 94' SC.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bfr

That place kicks ass!..........I'll be back.....my new favorite Track!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bfr

Well............going back on the 20th for the GPS Track Time event..................going to improve driving this track with real time help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would love to try a road course sometime. I took the big ole SC Autocrossing once...spinning tires galore! It was a pretty tight little course....Miata-like, ya know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Road Course

I plan to return to Blackhawk Farms and would like to try Grattan in Michigan too next season. Planning some more changes/upgrades too. Just wish I could trim about a thousand pounds off the car. No back seat, new racing weight seats and a roll bar may happen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts