TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay.........I'm always the only Thunderbird..........let alone a Super Coupe there during a HPDE. I will be at Gingerman Raceway for the Open Track weekend in April and a GPS Track Time event at Blackhawk Farms in June. I challenge some one to come out and enjoy a Road Course.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You would only need a passenger seat IF you are a novice.............for am instructor.

Most cars there are automatics............Me? Both my Super Coupes are five speeds.

You would need a Snell 2010 rated helmet.

You can check Track rules/etc. at either the Gingerman Raceway website or the Blackhawk Farms Raceway website.

I run in the intermediate group......I can take a passenger during track time.

·
Registered
206 Posts
finally something to work for :)

back in germany i use to go on the nurburgring or green hell couple times a year

20 bucks a lap is a 15 mile road course is just the bomb besides hammer down on the autobahn:D

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The "Ring"

I was stationed in Germany..............wide open on the Autobahn was fantastic.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was stationed in Germany..............wide open on the Autobahn was fantastic.
yup the ring the most challenging racetrack in the world

ja and of course the autobahn i miss that one 170/180 mph without a ticket thats the bomb

where in germany did you serve???

solong

hoschy

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Germany

I was in Hesse.............Darmstadt......Cambri Fristch Kasserne off Cooperstrasse.

·
Registered
206 Posts
okay darmstadt is nice, close to frankfurt lot to explore down there

i m from kassel wich is just 100 miles north of frankfurt nice stretch of autobahn after bad hersfeld 3 lanes no speed limit;)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Darmstadt

Was as far south as Heidelburg and Mannhiem.was never too far north of Frankfort.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Would love to be able to drive anything on the Ring someday. In the meantime, we got Summit Point 10 minutes away...where they've recreated the Carousel from the Nurburgring on one of their courses.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have raced at Gingerman a few times. I know what you mean being the only T-bird, I seem to be the biggest car by far when at any of the tracks. If I change my TC or swap to a manual in time for the event, I will head on over for it.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Track

I have yet to see another Thunderbird any time I've driven an H.P.D.E.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I never realized how close Gingerman is to me until like 2 minutes ago. ...wow....I might just have to think about looking into it now ....wow

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You could also be close to Grattan Raceway........I have yet to see another Thunderbird during Track Time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts