TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys would rather take your car to a nice road course than race it just a 1/4 mile at a time? Don't get me wrong, I love drag racing, there's not many rushes like it. But I'd like to go to an actual twisties road course and not just an oval. Any of you ever taken your cars to any?

·
Registered
946 Posts
road racing rocks. but on public roads they're pretty dangerous and i think most people have access to dragstrips more than they do raod race courses...

of course, i always take the bird out to Devils Kitchen here in s. IL...it's absolutely a fantastic drive but only do it on sunday mornings...i mean like...4-5 am in the summer...

i love me some twisties :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'd love to go road racing! There are two tracks around here but it VERY expensive to race at them. (250.00 for the day).

The other problem is that my wallet as a very shallow bottom to it and road racing is alot harder on parts than drag racing is! :(

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, and I know that its cheaper to drag race than go to a road course, but I'd still love to do it. And I'ev been known to have a little fun myself on back roads in the wee hours of the morning myself. ;)

For those that are interested in trying out road racing, go here:

http://chasinracin.com/track-locator/

Thats a track locator to help find the track nearest you. :)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
there are two near my house!

one is about a 1/2 mile of perfectly striaght 3 lane highway. The other is route 12. Lets just say they it close for the winter, and the recommended speed through the corners is 30mph. Love doing 90 through there! Oh and it run basically parallel to the interstate so there is hardly ever any traffic. The only reason they don't close it is because a couple people live on it.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I live a hour away from Watkins Glen race track. Someone told me that they have days where you can pay and run the track there. I might have to look into that but I only have a month left before I go away to school and am saving as much $$$ for school right now. Oh well, maybe next summer I'll give that a try.

-Shawn

Watkins Glen

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, that would be awesome. I would absolutely LOVE to take my bird onto Watkins Glen. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm looking to start up road racing as well...I know a few guys that are really into it and it looks like a blast. IMO its a nice balance...the car has to acclerate fast like drag racing, but also has to corner well like AutoX.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'd be all about some road racing

Only track we have in Oklahoma is Hallett.....well...not really, but the only paved one :p
Maybe someone could set up an event there and we could road race...plus if any oklahoma city birds read this...theres a car show at hooters on NW expressway Sunday evening about 6 (F-Body guys mainly, but it would be a nice gesture if birds showed up and crashed their hooter chick pickin up night) :p
Later

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've taken my 93 on a road track last year, did ok for it being stock, and an extra 200 lbs. in the trunk. The track I went to is Waterford Hills Road Racing, in clarkston, mi.
They have a fun-run on oct. 12 where people can take there cars out on the track for 5 laps for I think $35. Mind you this is only timed laps, they let cars out about 30 sec. after the one before.
Go to Waterford Hills Road Racing for more info.

Pete

·
Registered
635 Posts
I wish I could do a road course the only one is a long way form me and I think either you have to be a member or have a member invite you. So my only option is to 1/4 mile race.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
i wish the closest track wasnt 2 hours away...

i can't do either... i donno, i try to stay away from all forms of beating on my baby... gotta save all the crazy driving for the ricers....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts