TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Im driving home tonight from school to go to my grandmothers house. I have just exited a highway and am driving on a semi busy road. It is raining. It was about 7:30 and already dark. So im driving about 40 mph in a 35 (which I thought was a little too fast in the rain). I can see this car in my rearview mirror, kinda weaving back and forth like he wanted to pass me. Traffic opens up and he proceeds to cross the double line and pass me. This is a completely riced out Dodge Avenger, green with HUGE vinyl tape all over the car. He did all this and now gets stuck in front of the car in front of me, in the rain, and is prob going slower now. I know it was really immature and childish, but it set me off. So I gave him my brights and layed on the horn. Continuously for about two minutes, While he was stuck in front of me. He then pulled into a driveway and shut his lights off. I stopped waited about thirty seconds and said a few choice words when he opened the door and sped away. I drive on this road often and have never seen this car before, I think I would remember it lol. I think he just pulled into a driveway to get away. Just kinda made me laugh. I thought he deserved it. I know it was stupid on my part but I just wanted to rant. Why are there so many stupid drivers. (i guess i might be included lol) Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
I get extreemly angry sometimes but just remember this some people have guns and would not hessiate to shoot you. I often times wish that I was driving my old POS 77 98 regency. I have thought about punting people off the road if I had not wanted to dammage my bird I might have.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I about got nailed by a speeding Pizza boy in my beater in my own neighborhood and then he had the never to stop and back up to where i had stopped in shock and mouth off to me. So I went around the block and intesected him. A little game of chicken and he was in the ditch and had a mailbox in his windshield...I mean I have no idea what happened.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Will3799 said:
.... Has anything similar happened to anyone else?
Oh...the stories I could tell you from observing "drivers" around the metropolitan Detroit area...and none of them question why the insurance rates are going up. If I was as classless as this one driver I encountered a couple years back, I would've stopped and laughed:

Southbound I-75, near Detroit - SUV races up on me (I'm 70+ MPH already)...nowhere for anyone to go (traffic was heavy)...after a bit, the SUV threads-the-needle over 3 or 4 lanes, races past everyone, and goes around a bend in the road. A mile later, traffic is stopped. I work my way past the accident, and observe that the SUV upside down, with it's windshield in the middle of a lane.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Will3799 said:
Ok, so Im driving home tonight from school to go to my grandmothers house. I have just exited a highway and am driving on a semi busy road. It is raining. It was about 7:30 and already dark. So im driving about 40 mph in a 35 (which I thought was a little too fast in the rain). I can see this car in my rearview mirror, kinda weaving back and forth like he wanted to pass me. Traffic opens up and he proceeds to cross the double line and pass me. This is a completely riced out Dodge Avenger, green with HUGE vinyl tape all over the car. He did all this and now gets stuck in front of the car in front of me, in the rain, and is prob going slower now. I know it was really immature and childish, but it set me off. So I gave him my brights and layed on the horn. Continuously for about two minutes, While he was stuck in front of me. He then pulled into a driveway and shut his lights off. I stopped waited about thirty seconds and said a few choice words when he opened the door and sped away. I drive on this road often and have never seen this car before, I think I would remember it lol. I think he just pulled into a driveway to get away. Just kinda made me laugh. I thought he deserved it. I know it was stupid on my part but I just wanted to rant. Why are there so many stupid drivers. (i guess i might be included lol) Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

yeah... I find it funny. What is the point on passing or getting on someones *** if you cant? lol

I've also been the guy that passed over the double yellows too :leftright :eek: . It's a long story, but it was the only way to avoid some major complications :D

I agree 100% with blown96bird though... you never know who your f'ing with. I'm calm most of the time when I drive... even though I get mad, I don't usually do things like flip people off or flash my brights or anything like that. It just invites trouble. I mean... heck, I got a 6 month ACD and wasnt able to join the army because of some dip$hit f'ing with my g/f on the road. I noticed it... followed the guy to where he was going and was 3 seconds from turning this dudes face into chilli... but his fellow firefighters came out and broke it up (plus the guy was like 1/2 the size of me)

on a side note... maybe the Avenger thought you were racing? lol :D *damn ricers*

·
Registered
861 Posts
where i used to work at the mall, there's a stop sign at an intersection but it's only for the cross traffic, not the people coming into the mall, and i used to get so pissed when people would go, thinking i had to stop too when i didn't. so this one time it was raining, and some idiot in suv decided i had a stop sign and went, so i got mad and decided it'd light up the rear tires a bit to scare him and maybe next time he wouldn't be so stupid, but i got a lil more traction than i thought and ended up getting a lil bit more speed at intersection than the brakes could handle in the wet and i hit the curb :mad: i had my wheels turned so i bounced off, then the rear end came around and bounced off the curb too. i was pretty embarrased

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
go big mike, go big mike, oh oh, go big mike :D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
We had a semi-truck nearly drive us (my parents and I, in moms 01 Continental) off the road in a construction area. The truck ended up ahead of us and stopped. We waited behind him wondering why he had stopped. When others behind us began going around we did to. We saw the truck driver waiting beside the truck with a pipe in his hand!! We kept right on going!! Funny thing was my mom got all worried that the trucker might chase us down. Dad just grinned and said "he's not gonna catch this car!" I agreed, a semi truck catching a DOHC 4.6 Continental!?!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yea, its sad! Both my moms Continental and my dads 24-valve Sable will walk away from my V-6 Bird! :(

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
24v taurus /sable are rockets. i think someone actually did a shootout and it was faster than the v8 sho. it sure feels faster, that would be a good engine swap project for that bird!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah i know, you can never know what the other person that yuor dealing with do. I would never go as far as getting out of my car but is someone is being an a$$ to me on the road im going to give it right back. People are just stupid. A few weeks ago a guy at an intersection blew the stop sign and raised his arm at me like wtf when i started to go. Yeah Big Mike quality pic:D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've driven both, and you are right. The 24 valve is a lot faster than the V-8 SHO. I'd love to have one that had the looks and luxury of the SHO, with the 24-valve in it instead! Perhaps even turbocharged?

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
I found that when the tank turret was installed on the my tbird that instances of road rage began to diminish around me..:D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow thats pretty cool TBirdBrain you should write a tech article for the tank turret mod:D

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
:zwthstpd: :tongue: :D

hehehehe... what next? Stinger missile launcher out the trunk?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
jk89cat said:
24v taurus /sable are rockets. i think someone actually did a shootout and it was faster than the v8 sho. it sure feels faster, that would be a good engine swap project for that bird!
Not on average. Remember the SHO because a luxury model as time progressed, only the Gen 1 was truely sporty.

The v6 SHO engine is vert stout. It has forged rods and crank from the factory. Just need some forged, dished pistons. Drop one in a mn12, put in a T-5Z and 4.56 gears, you'd see low-mid 13s, easy, but it would be far better for Auto-X

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Will3799 said:
Yes, the way you reacted was stupid, but you already know that. It just adds to my view of New Yorkers being rude and ornary to other people instead of respecting others and being neighborly. But you have an opportunity to learn from this. Change can start with you. Be a DEFENSIVE driver that doesn't get offended by others. It's difficult for everyone in the stressful condition of driving in heavy traffic, but not impossible. It also helps if you're never in a hurry to get anywhere. You can give yourself plenty of time to get to and fro work. That can reduce the stress a little, give you time to stop and pick up some breakfast, etc. haha, look at me rant. Sorry. l8!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks 4.6 I know it is something i should work on. Is this really a New York thing? I have been down south a few times in the past two years with my friends, and everyone seemed nicer. But i was also expecting them to. I dont think the majority of drivers in NY are rude and inconsiderate but i know there are enough of them Opinions?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts