TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I am hitting the road in my Mustang, headed to Michigan from Texas, I will be passing through Tennessee, Arkansas, Illinois, etc. any suggestions for sights to see along the way? Anybody wanna meet for lunch or anything like that...shoot me a PM

·
Super Moderator
4,901 Posts
Which path through Arkansas?

Too bad most of the sights I used to go see, are now closed (Booger Hollow, Dogpatch USA, etc.)

RwP

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I'd figure I-55 about 50 east of me. To my knowledge outside of the guys in Memphis won't hit anybody till St. Louis.

Well actually if you get off the interstate and go AR-67 could meet the one active member in AR. By Google adds 1hr of drive time. Word of warning native AR drivers are the worst I've ever seen.

Only stops I know of in the area of your travel in AR/ SE MO are George Ray's Drag Strip and Dyess (the boyhood home of Johnny Cash).

PM sent

·
Super Moderator
10,411 Posts
Word of warning native AR drivers are the worst I've ever seen.
You haven't seen TN drivers yet, lol.

I live between Nashville and Knoxville, I doubt you'll come this far east...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Which path through Arkansas?

Too bad most of the sights I used to go see, are now closed (Booger Hollow, Dogpatch USA, etc.)

RwP
What the heck is Booger Hollow? I ain't drivin' nowhere to see a trashcan full of Kleenex's. :)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
You haven't seen TN drivers yet, lol.

I live between Nashville and Knoxville, I doubt you'll come this far east...
Grog my parent's live in Solway, and family lived in Kingston-Oakridge-Karns for the past 40+yrs.
;) And can definitively say that native AR drivers a much worse than TN drivers. I'd rather be in on I-75 at Ceder Bluff in rush hour than deal with these idiots out here.

Only problem I have with TN is the road construction that you can start on at 18 and then retire from.

·
Super Moderator
4,901 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts