TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I haven't posted in awhile but I have been lurking ;) I'm taking the Cougar to Ga for thanksgiving to see the sis inlaw. Should be a good trip for it. Have a good turkey day everybody :D

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe. I think some of you guys will get a kick out of what I've been working on lately.

And no it's not mine. I would NEVER put a Chevy in anything of mine(Yea I'm that guy :D)

It's a paying gig I'm doing for a buddy of mine in Mi. He bought my 496 Ford powered 21' open bow jet boat(It ran 74 MPH) a couple of years ago He couldn't stand having a boat that you just jump in turn the key and go :D and had to go and buy this. He dropped a valve about 1&1/2 yrs ago and called to see if I wanted to build him something better which I did but he decided to keep the Chevy anyway :D Its alot more fun spending other peoples money

It's a 496 (.060 over and 1/4" stroke) with a .660 lift cam with over 500 HP. It should be fun when done. Mike

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well made it there and back car preformed flawlessly ( I knew it would). I got a best MPG of 24.5 at 70-75 when I was running around 80 it dropped to about 23.5. Mike

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Well made it there and back car preformed flawlessly ( I knew it would). I got a best MPG of 24.5 at 70-75 when I was running around 80 it dropped to about 23.5. Mike
A good tune for 93 will get those figures up by about 20%.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a superchips programmer that I run the 87 tune around here which works pretty good. I put it back to stock for the trip the MPG goes down a little with the program on it (maybe I have my foot in it more :D ) I haven't tried the 93 program yet . The 87 works pretty good and I can still buy the cheaper gas. This is my summer DD. Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts