TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if rockers and the posts they sit on are interchangable between single port and splitport heads?

Also, what other engines have rockers that interchange with single port or with splitport heads.

Having this information makes is possible for a person to spot a buy when they are upgrading their V6. And, the answer can be folded into the Splitport swap thread.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Chris. It is something important if you buy splitport heads without rockers and pedistals on them for a splitport swap.

Do you know if any other rockers fit the 3.8?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
maybe teh 4.2 if you were going with more lift, perhaps? longer pushrods, more stroke?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
since we're on the subject, would 4.2 heads fit on a 3.8?

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sinhumane,

I'm planning on using 97 F-150 heads for my splitport swap.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
that makes me hot.... lol. sounds like we have a plan... sooooo... we gonna get a writeup or what? what all parts do we need to convert them? what fits? headers? whats the diff. in head design?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
we would have to have the 4.2 cam, cranksaft, etc, right?

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm keeping my motor a 3.8 for now. I'm swapping in the F-150 heads, 2000 Mustang upper and lower intakes. I still need a Mustang TB, a return style fuel rail that works with the Mustang intakes. I'll need a Mustang IAC and possibly a Bustang EGR. different throttle cables.

The air intake I'll cobble to gether from What I have already.

I don't need to change cam and crank shafts. If I do either, I'll need a Xcal2 chip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts