TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
BME Website said:
ALL OTHER APPLICATIONS - (3.750" TO 5.000")
We can make pistons for over 250 different engine applications. BME has 25 forging dies to choose from and our bore ranges are 3.750" to 5.000". We will be happy to quote you a price.

Apparently not for pistons...

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
JE's are fine, but from my personal experience after sucking a bolt into the #8 chamber and locking the motor up during a burnout the fact that the Manley rod and CP piston were not toast makes them a good choice in my book (more then I can say for the poor bolt though). I still have the same rod in the motor but the divit the bolt made in the piston top changed the CR in that chamber so it's an ashtray, I guess it's a good time to start smoking.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
Dr. FrankenCougie said:
JE's are fine... ... but the divit the bolt made in the piston top changed the CR in that chamber so it's an ashtray,

expensive friggen ashtray Scott...

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
nah.. it was just hungry

scott uses the greyhound technique.. keep em on the brink of starvation so they run faster

·
Registered
680 Posts
$100.00 ashtray +/-

FYI, the Modmax / CP piston (or atleast one of them) is designed for forced induction.

If you have FI in mind, it is a great choice given the additional meat before the first ring land, and some other nice features.

Having said that, Mahle is world renowned, JE are also absolutely excellent.
I don't know that they do much with the 4.6, but I've heard wiseco are very good as well.

Don't go with manley pistons, they may have their bugs worked out now, but why take the risk with so many other choices.

Rods, as long as you go with a forged rod with the arp 2000 fastener, your good, Manley and Eagle are both great.

The weak point on the rod is always the fastener, if your spinning above 8000 rpm, you'll also want to go up on the fastener size. 7/16" if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
169 Posts
to all the guru's out there, what are your opinions on scat pistons?

i've got a set in my car now, however they're obviously not as tough as scott's CP pistons cuz mine sucked in a small piece of what appeared to be a needle bearing and...well...lets just say i now have one piston that's slightly newer than the rest. :bangwall:

·
Registered
680 Posts
ThunderChicken1 said:
to all the guru's out there, what are your opinions on scat pistons?
however they're obviously not as tough as scott's CP pistons cuz mine sucked in a small piece of what appeared to be a needle bearing and...well...let:

Well I guess you have your answer then, I havn't seen or heard much on Scat, in general they seem to be popular in other applications.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts