TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how does one go about "rolling" the rear fenders? Do you need a body shop to do this or is it something that could be done in the driveway?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
Most body shops probably won't want to do it for you. Your best bet is to get a wooden baseball bat, a heat gun, and a friend, and just spend an hour or so doing it in your driveway. Use the heat gun to heat the area to minimize the paint cracking (it may still crack some) and then use the baseball bat to pry on the edge of the lip to roll it up. Once you get one spot bent up, you can use the tire as a pivot point and literally roll it along to slowly push the rest of the lip up.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Find a rim/tire/suspension shop that caters to the imports and the huge rim croud and see if they can do it for you. I took mine to the place that used to mount and balance my tires and they rolled mine using the old school bat method for $20. It only took a couple minutes for each side.

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
Eastwood makes a tool just for this. You can just sell it after your done and make most of your money back or let other people use it for $25 or something like that and recoup your cost.

Here it is

Link to catalog page http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=6159&itemType=PRODUCT
To tell you the truth, it is much easier to do it with a bat than with the tool designed for it. With the tool you can't get enough force behind it to bend the metal, and it ends up taking a bunch of passes before it starts rolling back. When we rolled the fenders on my friend's WRX, he rented that tool, and we tried it on one wheel, then decided to take it off and just grab the bat because it was taking too long using the tool.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would like to get mine re contoured so they provide 1 inch more room. Maybe next Winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts