·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Romeo

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I just got another 1995 and want to do a PI conversion, any advice?
should i get the whole mustang motor or just the heads, cams and intake?

·
5,650 Posts
I wouldn't swap the whole motor since it's iron just like yours. Swap the heads and intake and do your exhaust while you're at it and call it a day. The only time I would swap the motor is if it was an aluminum block. Then you get more power AND weight savings.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Since you can't do just cams with that engine (those heads specifically) and buying newer NPI heads for PI cams and then dealing with an NPI intake or the changes for a PI intake seems extreme, if you want the bump of compression that running PI heads on an NPI block give you, do that, if you don't want the compression bump, and you have a PI longblock to dump in it, then go that route.

PERSONALLY I would do PI heads and intake on the NPI block. Since I have a 97 I did the PI intake on the NPI heads, and am putting in the PI cams when I get a break from everything else. If I had the time and could swing it, I would do an aluminum block Explorer PI swap, but I don't have the time, and this isn't something I would have a shop do, couldn't justify the expense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts